InHealth Trainee MRI Graduate Interview tips!

Watch
Leah099
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
If you come across this I hope you are well and staying safe during these times. Im a 3rd year diagnostic radiography student and ive come across an amazing opportunity within the private health care sector to train as a Trainee MRI rad. Ive passed the first stage and waiting on the face to face interview. Has anyone been through this process before? What should I expect? Any tips? Any in-put would be appreciated!
beechyboy_11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, its unfortunate that no one responded but i was hoping you could shed some light on your face to face interview. Any tips of what to expect?
beechyboy_11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leah099)
If you come across this I hope you are well and staying safe during these times. Im a 3rd year diagnostic radiography student and ive come across an amazing opportunity within the private health care sector to train as a Trainee MRI rad. Ive passed the first stage and waiting on the face to face interview. Has anyone been through this process before? What should I expect? Any tips? Any in-put would be appreciated!
Hi, its unfortunate that no one responded but i was hoping you could shed some light on your face to face interview. Any tips of what to expect?
Hannah_lynx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beechyboy_11)
Hi, unrelated question but are you in your 3rd year of radiography or do you study radiography? i had a question about the course, and i was hoping youd be able to answer it...
beechyboy_11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dope_hana)
Hi, unrelated question but are you in your 3rd year of radiography or do you study radiography? i had a question about the course, and i was hoping youd be able to answer it...
I graduated last year, fire away.
Hannah_lynx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah this is amazing, hope you dont mind, but i shall DM you the questions
beechyboy_11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cant reply privately unfortunately due to only opening an account a few days ago so I'll respond here.

1) What are some qualities a radiographer has to have?
Time management, understanding of anatomy and positioning. Good communication and patient skills.

2) What skill do you have to have to be a good radiographer?
3) How does radiography differ from other health professions?
Radiography uses radiation for medical purposes. We work at a slightly faster pace in that we can see a lot of patients in a shorter period of time. We require knowledge of anatomy and pathologies.

4) How would you like your patients to describe you?
Caring, compassionate, sensitive, present, an ability to adapt to their needs i.e. taking extra care if someone had a bad break, taking it slow, moving more careful.
5) What is the most demanding and challenging aspect of the job?
Trauma, someone with a nasty break. Patients with cognitive or behavioural challenges i.e. dementia. Short staffing and long hours is a major problem.
6) What might a typical day be like in work/ on the ward?
Go to work, get changed. Have your TLD and markers ready. But your ID badge on. Go to department, have relevant information handed over to you from the previous shift. Note down necessary information. Liase with theatre to see how many cases they have. Allocate jobs to radiographers. Crack on
7) Why did you choose radiography?
Personal experience with a family having scans. Enjoy helping others.
8) Anything else you think I could benefit from knowing about radiography?

Learn basic anatomy.
Look at Kitty Clarkes radiography handbook to learn positioning. This is basically telling you what position to put peoples limbs in and how much of that area you need to get a picture of. You can download a pdf copy online.
Hannah_lynx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I cant reply privately unfortunately due to only opening an account a few days ago so I'll respond here.

1) What are some qualities a radiographer has to have?
Time management, understanding of anatomy and positioning. Good communication and patient skills.

2) What skill do you have to have to be a good radiographer?
3) How does radiography differ from other health professions?
Radiography uses radiation for medical purposes. We work at a slightly faster pace in that we can see a lot of patients in a shorter period of time. We require knowledge of anatomy and pathologies.

4) How would you like your patients to describe you?
Caring, compassionate, sensitive, present, an ability to adapt to their needs i.e. taking extra care if someone had a bad break, taking it slow, moving more careful.
5) What is the most demanding and challenging aspect of the job?
Trauma, someone with a nasty break. Patients with cognitive or behavioural challenges i.e. dementia. Short staffing and long hours is a major problem.
6) What might a typical day be like in work/ on the ward?
Go to work, get changed. Have your TLD and markers ready. But your ID badge on. Go to department, have relevant information handed over to you from the previous shift. Note down necessary information. Liase with theatre to see how many cases they have. Allocate jobs to radiographers. Crack on
7) Why did you choose radiography?
Personal experience with a family having scans. Enjoy helping others.
8) Anything else you think I could benefit from knowing about radiography?

Learn basic anatomy.
Look at Kitty Clarkes radiography handbook to learn positioning. This is basically telling you what position to put peoples limbs in and how much of that area you need to get a picture of. You can download a pdf copy online.
Thank you so much, i am very grateful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.82%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.82%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
22.73%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.27%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.82%

Watched Threads