alexjude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
im looking at applying for HSPS starting in 2022 and all the info ive found about the interview and assessment stages contradicts each other. i know it is different for different colleges, would be great to hear what people had to do for specific colleges.
uzyuz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I applied this year at Homerton for HSPS, once you submit your UCAS application they will ask you to fill out an SAQ which allows you to add an additional personal statement specifically to do with HSPS and why you want to study it, and then you submit two pieces of written work which have been graded by your teachers- this can be assessments, homework, or essays you decided to do in your spare time- they will likely bring up the topics your essays are about in your interviews. I had two interviews, one with sociology lecturers and one with philosophy lecturers. Then you're pretty much done and have to wait for January 25th!
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Interviews will be different at each college (and might change between years) - people who have previously interviewed aren't allowed to tell you their questions.

You can see which colleges require written work here, and which colleges have at-interview assessments here. College websites will have details on how those assessments work.
alexjude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by uzyuz)
Hi, I applied this year at Homerton for HSPS, once you submit your UCAS application they will ask you to fill out an SAQ which allows you to add an additional personal statement specifically to do with HSPS and why you want to study it, and then you submit two pieces of written work which have been graded by your teachers- this can be assessments, homework, or essays you decided to do in your spare time- they will likely bring up the topics your essays are about in your interviews. I had two interviews, one with sociology lecturers and one with philosophy lecturers. Then you're pretty much done and have to wait for January 25th!
good luck with your application!
ive seen lots of people mention an at-interview entrance exam (the HSPSAA), was this something that you had to do?
uzyuz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by alexjude)
good luck with your application!
ive seen lots of people mention an at-interview entrance exam (the HSPSAA), was this something that you had to do?
Thank you- but I got rejected after interview lol- good luck to you! For some colleges (you'll have to check the list) there are entrance exams, but I picked Homerton so I wouldn't have the exam- I had applied on a whim and thought why not the day before the deadline so didn't really have time to prepare
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (249)
57.24%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.33%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.8%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.37%

Watched Threads