Unhappy at work / Job hunt anxiety

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am finding myself increasingly unhappy at work, but I am too anxious to look for something else.

When I am at work, all I can think about is how I want to get home and job search online. But when it comes to that time, I get worried about having a job interview, and worried about silly things like what if I change jobs and the people there don't like me, what if I make a fool of myself in the first week etc.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?
Does anyone have advice on getting out of 'job hunt' anxiety?
perspecci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think there's a risk at any work place that there will be people who don't like you, who are a pain in the neck and gossip behind your back - you've got to have a thick skin to a certain extent. You can't please everyone. Take it as an opportunity to rise above them by showing them a better example
Last edited by perspecci; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by perspecci)
I think there's a risk at any work place that there will be people who don't like you, who are a pain in the neck and gossip behind your back - you've got to have a thick skin to a certain extent. You can't please everyone. Take it as an opportunity to rise above them by showing them a better example
Thank you for your response - I agree, it's defiantly better to rise above and be the better person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.42%
No (608)
50.58%

Watched Threads