Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m waiting to here back from my application but wondered if any students at ual at the moment now, could say what their experience has been like? I really like the university but just wanted some opinions
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m waiting to here back from my application but wondered if any students at ual at the moment now, could say what their experience has been like? I really like the university but just wanted some opinions
Hi there,

Good luck with your application to UAL. Which college and course are you applying for?

I am a 2nd year student at CSM and also studied my art foundation at UAL, so far I have enjoyed my experience here.

Some of my favorite things about UAL are: the amazing people you meet at each different college, access to all the UAL libraries (which are spread across London), my course and the fashion department at CSM (there are some really talented students and I have really enjoyed helping out with fashion shows)

I also really like being based in London due to everything it has to offer such as lots of inspiring industry talks, great museums and galleries and a wealth of things to inspire you.

I hope that has given you a bit of an insight into my experience as a UAL student however please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any more specific questions about anything from a particular campus to halls etc.

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
I wanna know too cause I've heard a lot of students think ual has gone downhill recently & they have a racism problem atm
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

I am a third year student at the Chelsea College of Arts studying Interior and Spatial Design and I too have had a pleasant experience and enjoyed my time at the Ual.

I agree with Tegan, studying in Ual has its benefits because you get to access all 6 colleges at anytime which is always exciting given how diverse each college is from the other. The tutors on my course are very encouraging and supportive and have really been there for us during this tough time, helping us in any capacity we may need. I particularly enjoy the access to workshop facilities, to learn how to build and model make with the help of our technical tutors who are excellent.
Pre-pandemic my course took us on a lot of study trips to explore different spatial sites and the architecture of London, so that was very exciting.

The course I am on also helped us prep for the creative industry, telling us about how things work and how we can navigate our way in certain situations which I think is very beneficial to know before applying for jobs.

Studying at Ual has allowed me to meet people from such different backgrounds and there is always something new and exciting to learn from them. I strongly believe that too has contributed to my learning and growth as a person.

Besides that I am also very happy to be studying in London because of how much the city has to offer creatively. The easy access to museums, exhibitions, plays and a wide variety of other recreational activities is definitely a bonus.

However, this is my experience and it may differ from person to person. I hope this helps and gives you a quick peek into life at Ual. Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions and I will be happy to help.

Good Luck!

Best,
Ananya
Ual Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (261)
57.36%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.41%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.55%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.79%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.4%

Watched Threads