Uni insurance choice

Watch this thread
d.akpan003
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,
I'm a prospective econ student that has decided on their firm choice for university but I don't really know which uni to put down as my insurance choice. the choices are: Essex, Kent and Sussex.
which would be best in terms of; reputation (of the course and of the uni in general), social life and job prospects?
Thanks!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d.akpan003)
Hi there,
I'm a prospective econ student that has decided on their firm choice for university but I don't really know which uni to put down as my insurance choice. the choices are: Essex, Kent and Sussex.
which would be best in terms of; reputation (of the course and of the uni in general), social life and job prospects?
Thanks!
Not Essex - Colchester is just a dump.

Kent or Sussex are both nice, depends on what offers they gave you and what your predicted grades are and where you Firmed
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d.akpan003)
Hi there,
Thanks!
What would you say are the pros and cons of each based on what you know?
Where have you picked as your firm choice? That might give us a better idea of the sort of place that might suit you best
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How to choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
d.akpan003
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
What would you say are the pros and cons of each based on what you know?
Where have you picked as your firm choice? That might give us a better idea of the sort of place that might suit you best
for my firm choice i chose University of Sheffield.
Uni of Essex Pros:
lower grade requirements
Cons: surrounding area of colchester seems relatively uninteresting
Uni of sussex pros:
don't really know any pros tbh good social scene
Cons: apparently things are a bit expensive there
Uni of Kent pros:
has good ties with Bank of England apparently , relatively good social scene
cons: lowest on the league tables out of these three uni's

Also one thing to note; the grade requirements for all my options are as follows:
Sheffield: AAB or ABB+B in EPQ
Kent: ABB
Sussex: ABB
Essex: BBB
thanks a lot!
Last edited by d.akpan003; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (57)
26.51%
As I expected (68)
31.63%
Harder (82)
38.14%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.72%

Watched Threads