Physically and emotionally abusive families - your story

Watch
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone wanna share their story? I think it will make me feel better to know there are others out there going or gone through what I did
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hugs
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
hugs
thanks, I love hugs:hugs:
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry that you have to deal with that, I hope your situation improves

Spoiler:
Show
Deleted cos it's personal and don't wanna accrue pity points.
Last edited by JoshDarnIt_; 1 month ago
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Sorry that you have to deal with that, I hope your situation improves

Spoiler:
Show
When I was younger my mum had a bf who was physically and emotionally abusive with us both. He used to beat the sh*t out of us. He would throw phones off me, jam me behind doors, hold me against the wall by my throat and everything. I was 6 at the time so there was nothing I could do about it. I remember one time he smashed the kitchen window and threatened to kill me and my mum. Honestly thought I was gonna die.

He's in jail now thankfully.

My mum has a lot of mental health issues too and can be quite toxic to be around. She's physically attacked me a few times. She can be quite manipulative and controlling too.

Then there's my autistic sister who, when she has a meltdown, gets physically violent. Got a scar on my foot from one of her outbursts.
Thank you.
Spoiler:
Show
Really sorry to hear that. I don’t get why people would do such things. And I’m glad to know he’s in jail now. I wish my abusers were in jail. Do you still talk to your mum and do you ever feel like reporting her when she gets like that? Also not being rude, but being violent isn’t a symptom of autism, right?
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Thank you.
Spoiler:
Show
Really sorry to hear that. I don’t get why people would do such things. And I’m glad to know he’s in jail now. I wish my abusers were in jail. Do you still talk to your mum and do you ever feel like reporting her when she gets like that? Also not being rude, but being violent isn’t a symptom of autism, right?
Spoiler:
Show
Do you have someone you can confide in? Like a therapist or a close friend? It might help to talk to others about your situation. I hope you get the help you need.

Nah I'd never report her cos I know she isn't a horrible person, just a person with a dark past that unfortunately manifests itself when things get too much. It can be, those with autism can show aggressive behaviour.

Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
I will share my story.

Spoiler:
Show
Everyone in my family has hit me. My mum would regularly call me a whore, fat, extremely stupid, and she would tell me to die from my chronic illnesses a lot. A lot of the time, the beatings would be because I didn’t clean on time or I didn’t clean well. She would usually beat me with a rolling pin, a charger, any household object. Or she would pinch and slap me all over my body. She would sometimes attack me when I’m most vulnerable, for example when I’m sleeping, she would come to my room and start beating me for something I did wrong. I would try protect myself by wearing extra layers of clothes in preparation for the Beating or protect myself with my duvet but she would remove it and try to expose my skin so I feel the most pain. She would call me a few times when I’m out even while I’m working and get very emotionally abusive if I didn’t pick her phone call while I was at work or just out in general. When I’d check my phone, she’d leave abusive voice notes saying “watch when you get home” and Just mean messages. She would not let me speak to males. If I wore trousers in public, she would beat me. If I spoke back to her, she would beat me. If I spoke about my mental health issues, she would beat me and call me weak. When I was getting bullied at school, she told me I deserved it and I was weak for not defending myself. She tells me I act like I’m “handicapped” and she wishes she never gave birth to me. She would talk to god and moan about how she doesn’t deserve having a child with diabetes (I have type 1 diabetes). When my blood sugar was dangerously low, she would beat me and I couldn’t do anything because I was weak and in a poorly position. My sister would force me to put makeup on when we were going out and if I didn’t look good next to her, she would call me a “fat b*tch”. She would constantly bash me for failing my GCSE’s and told me I’d go nowhere in life. She would tell me I’m a loner with no friends and I struggle to communicate. She’d make fun of my friends and say “haha you only have one and it’s ___”. She would throw objects at me like a deodorant and it would bruise me. She would pull my hair and kick me. Slap me across the face and other places. She would strach me a lot so I had lots of scars all over my body. She would constantly comment on my body and how fat I was. She would comment about my teeth and say it’s ugly. She would comment about every thing on me like back acne. Everything. She would humiliate me in public and say out loud near people that my breath really stank when I was speaking to her and block her nose. So everyone would think I stink. When I’m minding my business, she’d come to where I am and insult me and attack every part of my life. I couldn’t be myself because I was told I was “being fake” and that I’m acting like other people. So I couldn’t express myself. I was really frightened by them and would flinch everytime they were near me as I never know when they will get angry. I was beaten on a daily basis, told I was a massive burden. Told I will go to hell and burn because I didn’t pray. And would get beaten tor that too. They laughed and made a mockery out of me when I told them the years of sexual abuse I suffered and was told to “man up” and that I was “5 years old i should’ve known better”. They would compare me to everyone else my age, saying they’re doing much better than I am in life. When I told my mum about my little sister self harming, she called me a witch and insulted me for hours and told me that I influenced my little sister because I self harmed before. When I self harmed, they told me I was “acting white” and was copying people off the internet. And they were laughing at me and calling me stupid for self harming.

it goes on and on. I could be here forever.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Spoiler:
Show
Do you have someone you can confide in? Like a therapist or a close friend? It might help to talk to others about your situation. I hope you get the help you need.

Nah I'd never report her cos I know she isn't a horrible person, just a person with a dark past that unfortunately manifests itself when things get too much. It can be, those with autism can show aggressive behaviour.
I left my family last year and I have suffered a lot of mental health issues so I am getting therapy. But they have seriously broken me from the inside.

My mum is like that too. But I was done making excuses for her behaviour, we don’t have to suffer because of what they’re going through.
iamhanzla
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone wanna share their story? I think it will make me feel better to know there are others out there going or gone through what I did
I just cant express how I feel when i see something like this
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I left my family last year and I have suffered a lot of mental health issues so I am getting therapy. But they have seriously broken me from the inside.

My mum is like that too. But I was done making excuses for her behaviour, we don’t have to suffer because of what they’re going through.
I truly hope you find healing then. I believe it's possible. Don't give up hope :hugs:
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
I will share my story.

Spoiler:
Show
Everyone in my family has hit me. My mum would regularly call me a whore, fat, extremely stupid, and she would tell me to die from my chronic illnesses a lot. A lot of the time, the beatings would be because I didn’t clean on time or I didn’t clean well. She would usually beat me with a rolling pin, a charger, any household object. Or she would pinch and slap me all over my body. She would sometimes attack me when I’m most vulnerable, for example when I’m sleeping, she would come to my room and start beating me for something I did wrong. I would try protect myself by wearing extra layers of clothes in preparation for the Beating or protect myself with my duvet but she would remove it and try to expose my skin so I feel the most pain. She would call me a few times when I’m out even while I’m working and get very emotionally abusive if I didn’t pick her phone call while I was at work or just out in general. When I’d check my phone, she’d leave abusive voice notes saying “watch when you get home” and Just mean messages. She would not let me speak to males. If I wore trousers in public, she would beat me. If I spoke back to her, she would beat me. If I spoke about my mental health issues, she would beat me and call me weak. When I was getting bullied at school, she told me I deserved it and I was weak for not defending myself. She tells me I act like I’m “handicapped” and she wishes she never gave birth to me. She would talk to god and moan about how she doesn’t deserve having a child with diabetes (I have type 1 diabetes). When my blood sugar was dangerously low, she would beat me and I couldn’t do anything because I was weak and in a poorly position. My sister would force me to put makeup on when we were going out and if I didn’t look good next to her, she would call me a “fat b*tch”. She would constantly bash me for failing my GCSE’s and told me I’d go nowhere in life. She would tell me I’m a loner with no friends and I struggle to communicate. She’d make fun of my friends and say “haha you only have one and it’s ___”. She would throw objects at me like a deodorant and it would bruise me. She would pull my hair and kick me. Slap me across the face and other places. She would strach me a lot so I had lots of scars all over my body. She would constantly comment on my body and how fat I was. She would comment about my teeth and say it’s ugly. She would comment about every thing on me like back acne. Everything. She would humiliate me in public and say out loud near people that my breath really stank when I was speaking to her and block her nose. So everyone would think I stink. When I’m minding my business, she’d come to where I am and insult me and attack every part of my life. I couldn’t be myself because I was told I was “being fake” and that I’m acting like other people. So I couldn’t express myself. I was really frightened by them and would flinch everytime they were near me as I never know when they will get angry. I was beaten on a daily basis, told I was a massive burden. Told I will go to hell and burn because I didn’t pray. And would get beaten tor that too. They laughed and made a mockery out of me when I told them the years of sexual abuse I suffered and was told to “man up” and that I was “5 years old i should’ve known better”. They would compare me to everyone else my age, saying they’re doing much better than I am in life. When I told my mum about my little sister self harming, she called me a witch and insulted me for hours and told me that I influenced my little sister because I self harmed before. When I self harmed, they told me I was “acting white” and was copying people off the internet. And they were laughing at me and calling me stupid for self harming.

it goes on and on. I could be here forever.
I will continue some of it but I can’t go through 19 years of abuse.

Spoiler:
Show
I would regularly lock myself in the bathroom waiting for my mums anger to go down as she is preparing to beat me but I would eventually have to come out and she’d be waiting for me. She would tell me she actually needs the bathroom (it was a bathroom and toilet in the same room) and she told me she was gonna piss herself but when I opened the door to let her in, she’d beat me so hard and she never needed the toilet. She just wanted to manipulate me into opening the door. Sometimes I’d run outside in front of the house because I was so scared of getting beaten. I cannot deal with pain well. It would really really hurt and sting.
I was doing my online exam and my mum kept calling me so I obviously had to ignore as I was doing an important exam. After I finished, I would go down I say I’m sorry I was doing an exam but she’d beat me so much and say “I’m your mother, I don’t care what you’re doing, you’re probably going to fail anyway because you’re stupid, you answer to me!”
I developed extreme anxiety and I struggle to go outside because I’m afraid of being abused. I was controlled all the time. And I was always being told I’m a burden.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamhanzla)
I just cant express how I feel when i see something like this
It’s really upsetting

I truly hope you find healing then. I believe it's possible. Don't give up hope :hugs:
It’s going to take me forever to heal and I’m done harming myself that’s in the past, I just have to keep breathing. Thank you and you too:hugs: you are incredibly strong for going through what you went through and still coming out as a beautiful hearted person.
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s going to take me forever to heal and I’m done harming myself that’s in the past, I just have to keep breathing. Thank you and you too:hugs: you are incredibly strong for going through what you went through and still coming out as a beautiful hearted person.
Thank you, all the best
iamhanzla
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want I can help you. Because I have been through rehabilitation
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
If you want I can help you. Because I have been through rehabilitation
Have you suffered abuse too? Because it’s not the same if it’s something else
japense recluse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My parents hate me and I wish I was dead. They say I am an embarrassment because I failed 2 year of study. Things are improving for me, luckily.

I don't blame my parents. I am their son. I should be bringing them money and helping them
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by japense recluse)
My parents hate me and I wish I was dead. They say I am an embarrassment because I failed 2 year of study. Things are improving for me, luckily.

I don't blame my parents. I am their son. I should be bringing them money and helping them
Really. sorry to hear that and i completely empathise with you. I know exactly how this feels, my family did the same with me.

That’s your opinion and I respect it but no one has the right to treat you like this. It’s absolutely horrific them wishing death upon you. You dont deserve that. Your life is very important and failing school is something that happens a lot and it doesn’t make you worthless at all. It is your own journey and you do things at your own pace. Nothing wrong being 2 years late. Family are meant to be supporting you and loving you, not bringing you down.

I really hope it gets better for you
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my father was abusive. i moved to a refuge with my mum and brothers in may but moved to more permanent accommodation in August.

:hugs:
iamhanzla
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you suffered abuse too? Because it’s not the same if it’s something else
Wasnt abuse more like a mental torture
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
my father was abusive. i moved to a refuge with my mum and brothers in may but moved to more permanent accommodation in August.

:hugs:
That is wonderful to hear! And I’m sorry you went through that, dolapo(sorry I think I said it wrong). I’m glad you and your family have taken a brilliantly good first step and you continue to be safe. :hugs:

Wasnt abuse more like a mental torture
Sure, any advice would be helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (200)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.08%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.83%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.14%

Watched Threads