Best online forum for asking questions for degree apprenticeships?

Watch
Dan_D_I
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Struggling to find somewhere to learn more about these?

Been recently pointed in the direction of doing one instead of attending full university by a UK careers adviser.

I am 35 years old so it kinda makes more sense for me.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Fehzan Mehdi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dan_D_I)

Been recently pointed in the direction of doing one instead of attending full university by a UK careers adviser.

Hi I can help answer any questions for finance related options. I'm a school leaver myself and a chartered accountant, I didn't do a degree apprenticeship however, I've been chartered for 5 years now and never looked back! Not going to uni was a great decision in hindsight.
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did a degree apprenticeship in engineering.
Happy to answer any questions you have.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

https://www.ucas.com/alternatives/ap...pprenticeships
Dan_D_I
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Chris2892)
I did a degree apprenticeship in engineering.
Happy to answer any questions you have.
That’s great. Well at the moment I have not seen my fiance for a year, she lives outside of Europe.

So I don’t want to start an apprenticeship until after a trip to see her, ideally.

So I think my first question is do they start any time of the year like a normal job or is it more like University, where you can only start them at set times a year, maybe once a year like a traditional university or maybe 2-3 different times of the year like the Open Uni..

Thanks
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s great. Well at the moment I have not seen my fiance for a year, she lives outside of Europe.

So I don’t want to start an apprenticeship until after a trip to see her, ideally.

So I think my first question is do they start any time of the year like a normal job or is it more like University, where you can only start them at set times a year, maybe once a year like a traditional university or maybe 2-3 different times of the year like the Open Uni..

Thanks
You would typically start late September or early October, since this is when the academic year starts.
However, some employers may set a start date before this to get you settled in before studies.

I’ve completed 4 apprenticeships. The earliest I started was July, and the latest, September. It’s up the the employer, but it likely won’t be later than early October.

Employers typically begin interviewing a few months before their planned start date. They usually begin accepting applications from as long as a year before the start date.
Last edited by Chris2892; 1 week ago
Poppy2021
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
which A levels are good for accounting degree?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed