The Student Room Group

HYMS A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Screenshot_20210223-173517_Twitter.jpg
This is the update from HYMS about campus allocation, so maybe we'll hear tomorrow or so?
Original post by SnehaA003
Screenshot_20210223-173517_Twitter.jpg
This is the update from HYMS about campus allocation, so maybe we'll hear tomorrow or so?

Yep we should hear soon :smile:
I was hoping that meant today but tomorrow probably
Do you guys think it will come out tomorrow at the same time as the offers?
Original post by plant22400
Do you guys think it will come out tomorrow at the same time as the offers?

i hope so, i got my offer at 4:45 last wednesday. i guess we’ll have to see
Original post by phoenixluna
i hope so, i got my offer at 4:45 last wednesday. i guess we’ll have to see

same, I keep on refreshing my emails lol
same, I keep on refreshing my emails lol

Yeah I got mine last Wednesday too, I keep refreshing, ugh
Anyone heard anything about their campus?

nope not yet

Not yet, I think a week has elapsed since the first offers were out so I think we will hear soon, does everyone have a preference or wouldn’t mind either?
Original post by kabhirlota
Not yet, I think a week has elapsed since the first offers were out so I think we will hear soon, does everyone have a preference or wouldn’t mind either?

I wouldn't mind either, but I have been to York before and it was a really nice trip and so I feel a bit more certain that I would enjoy it there. However, I was looking into Hull and its nightlife looks great and the campus looks really modern. So I think both universities defo have their own advantages. How about you?
Original post by kabhirlota

I have a slight preference for York just because when I spoke to a student when went to Hull she said a lot of their lectures were just live streamed from York and I’ve had enough for live lessons at this point lol.

Also the university is a bit closer to home and I’ve been to York quite a few times and absolutely love the city, but I will say the accommodation in Hull is amazing, I’ve been trying not to have a preference just so I’m happy wherever I go.
(edited 3 years ago)
I wouldn't mind either, but I have been to York before and it was a really nice trip and so I feel a bit more certain that I would enjoy it there. However, I was looking into Hull and its nightlife looks great and the campus looks really modern. So I think both universities defo have their own advantages. How about you?

Yep I would mind either too, I’ve never visited either before, but I’ve done some surface level research into both and agree with you that they both have nice advantages, but haven’t looked into them too much just incase I grow partial to one over the other and don’t get assigned it lol :smile:
Original post by Catrees16
I have a slight preference for York just because when I spoke to a student when went to Hull she said a lot of their lectures were just live streamed from York and I’ve had enough for live lessons at this point lol.

Also the university is a bit closer to home and I’ve been to York quite a few times and absolutely love the city, but I will say the accommodation in Hull is amazing, I’ve been trying not to have a preference just so I’m happy wherever I go.

Oh I see, yep I’m with you there I think we are all sick of online lessons at this point, and I’ve also only read up on both a little bit so haven’t got a preference which is good as I will be happy with whichever one .

Nope :/
I got an offer last week. Didn't even know this forum existed until now :eek:
Hi I’ve got a question for anyone firming HYMS. what made you choose Hull York over other medical schools?
Original post by sonia.c
Hi I’ve got a question for anyone firming HYMS. what made you choose Hull York over other medical schools?

I’ve firmed HYMS. This was actually my second time applying to HYMS. I got an interview last year and went to the Hull campus and it was actually amazing. The building was really modern and the atmosphere in general was a vibe. My brother is also going Hull to do CS so we can go together. And also, it’s only 2 hours away from Manchester where I live. It’s basically the perfect medical school for me. Can not emphasise how happy I was when I found out I had got in.
Original post by sonia.c

I can second what the above poster said. I also love the friendly and upbeat vibe of the campus, its modern aesthetic and the accommodation offered at a decent price. I also wanted a pbl style approach with lectures and hyms offered that. Something that was also extremely important to me was anatomy, unlike a few med school hyms still use prosection using cadavers and give you the opportunity to do a module on clinical anatomy as your special interest if you want. So all in all the campus and course itself is what did it for me.
Original post by mohammedali3869
I’ve firmed HYMS. This was actually my second time applying to HYMS. I got an interview last year and went to the Hull campus and it was actually amazing. The building was really modern and the atmosphere in general was a vibe. My brother is also going Hull to do CS so we can go together. And also, it’s only 2 hours away from Manchester where I live. It’s basically the perfect medical school for me. Can not emphasise how happy I was when I found out I had got in.

okay thank youu I've been looking at Hull online and I fell in love with the campus and accomadation so hopefully I get allocated there fingers crossed:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending