Instagram Blog - new blogger help/advice?

Watch this thread
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey Gang!

I need help! I've recently started a food blog on IG (August 2020) and I am struuuuggggling!!!!
(Basically hit my 6months anniversary this month :banana: )

I noticed how fairly new bloggers/pages have like 5k followers and post engagement of like 200 likes just on their first post? They only have had their blogs for like 2 months - within minutes of posting have 100 likes!? and in an hour have 300+......

So I guess my question is.... what's the trick? what am I missing? I stick up a post and it takes two days to reach around 120 likes on average whereas others get the same amount but in less than 10 mins?

I use hashtags, I engage with other bloggers but still not getting the same levels of engagement or out reach?

what can I do to boost engagement? what new can I bring to my page? HELP ME Pretty please:cry2:

Squirrel x
Last edited by CleverSquirrel; 1 year ago
AutumnLeaves23
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you haven’t already read it, the book called No Filter looks at Instagram and its various algorithms over the years.

People have been getting noticed based on quite different criteria over the years. I’m sure I read recently that the save button now has more clout than the like button.

Remember a lot of people buy followed and likes so don’t always take what you see at face value. Good luck with your venture!
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AutumnLeaves23)
If you haven’t already read it, the book called No Filter looks at Instagram and its various algorithms over the years.

People have been getting noticed based on quite different criteria over the years. I’m sure I read recently that the save button now has more clout than the like button.

Remember a lot of people buy followed and likes so don’t always take what you see at face value. Good luck with your venture!
see from what ive heard is that the algorithm keeps changing- its so hard to keep up with it?

wait you can buy followers? doesnt that defeat the purpose of it? I guess it'll take time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (54)
65.06%
No (23)
27.71%
I didn't use it to prepare (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads