usi227
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

Got my first 3 cert level exams coming up Acc, Assurance and Law. First two I'm getting to grips with but anyone have any advice for Law? I had self study for it and went through everything but the QB is tough imo, a lot of content and obscure rules. Am I better off doing the QB or learning by wrote from the notes? I've been doing the QB route so far but getting a lot wrong (but debriefing them).

Any advice would be great,

cheers
K1NE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Law is a weird exam but I would take some comfort in the fact that the pass rate for the exam is +90%, so the odds are in your favour for sure. Don't take that figure and become complacent but maybe look at it as lots of people are able to pass it, so it is of course do able.

Best thing to do is to go over the question bank and understand what the answers mean as opposed to remembering them. I know it's quite a subjective exam but stay positive.

Don't be afraid to flick over some of the notes just to make sure you understand the concepts like contract law, or business law etc... but of course the question bank is the most important thing to focus most of your time on. People don't really find Law time pressured either, so relax when you get in the exam room, read the passage carefully.
sarim.x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To add on to the other comment, maybe it's just me but my main problem in all ACA exams has been time, except that I found law (and assurance) had 0 time pressure, you'll probably finish way earlier and have a lot of review time to carefully re-read the questions vs your answer.
usi227
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks guys, does make me feel a lot more positive. I think it’s really easy to bogged down and feel like you’re not getting anywhere but I guess the more exposure you have to the questions the better you get at them! Thanks for all the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.13%
No (617)
50.87%

Watched Threads