Scars Watch

This discussion is closed.
SophistiCat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know how to 'reduce the appearance' of scars? Would micro-abrasive treatments work or make them worse?
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SophistiCat)
Does anyone know how to 'reduce the appearance' of scars? Would micro-abrasive treatments work or make them worse?
where is it? how big, how deep?
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Go to Boots and ask, they'll recommend something. If I could be bothered, I would read my mums Beauty Bible :|. I might take a look later.
amo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i had quite a bad scar on my heel from a motobiking accident, (52 stitches) and it got all hard skin so i put e45 on it most days and its now basiclly gone
SophistiCat
Rep:
?
I have quite a few... a small one under my chin from hitting a see-saw (don't ask), a pretty deep one on my arm from a scary incident with a meat cleaver (don't ask), and a really thick, deep one on my stomach from an operation (don't ask!). It's the arm one that really bothers me though because everyone thinks that I self harm and act all weird when they see it
CharleeB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
go and see a dermatologist, they might be able to recomend something. i think that they can be lasered off.
MRLX69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Va Va Voom)
i've read somewhere that vitamin e oil is good for reducing the appearance of scars. i'm sure that boots do one
Most places have vit E cream. But I don't see how applying vitamins to your skin will work... I was always told that it needed to be absorbed into your body... ie via your digestive system
these_apples
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have quite a few... a small one under my chin from hitting a see-saw (don't ask), a pretty deep one on my arm from a scary incident with a meat cleaver (don't ask), and a really thick, deep one on my stomach from an operation (don't ask!). It's the arm one that really bothers me though because everyone thinks that I self harm and act all weird when they see it
OMG :eek:
ive got a scar under my chin for exactly the same reason
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bio-oil is what boots would recommend *ex boots girl*
SophistiCat
Rep:
?
(Original post by these_apples)
OMG :eek:
ive got a scar under my chin for exactly the same reason
Lol who was on the other side? My sister got a bit carried away and jumped before she sat down on it... meanwhile I flew up into the air and went chin first onto it!!!
these_apples
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol who was on the other side? My sister got a bit carried away and jumped before she sat down on it... meanwhile I flew up into the air and went chin first onto it!!!
Thats exactly what happened....it was my best friend at the time
It was very painful, it felt like a chunk of chin was gone.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
bio-oil is what boots would recommend *ex boots girl*

I would recommend that too, *ex superdrug pharmacy girl* RIVALRY! Fight! :tsr:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Elastoplast scar reduction plasters really work, but they're around £20 a box
midnight
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the elastoplast scar reduction plasters are annoying because you have to wear them for about 1/2 the day everyday if for 6 months if you really want them to work and that's not so easy to do in summer.

the vitamin e oil from holland and barretts worked best for me but other things like tea tree oil are meant to work too. If you just want to cover them up then dermoblend works quite well but is also quite expensive i think.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arnica works if its a decent concentration. it does help with scarring as well as bruising. i had a scar on my hand that I had since I was a child when I burned myself on a fire and its gone now.

It didnt work on my scar where stitches had been though so it must depend on how deeply the scar lies.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've got a quality scar on my arm :cool: There is a little round one, similar to a 1p piece, but about a third of the size on my forearm, and then a tadpole shaped scar on my upper arm - quality!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had a huge chunk of flesh from my wrist chopped off thanks to an accident with a glass table when I was six. I still have the scar.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IHavePMS)
I had a huge chunk of flesh from my wrist chopped off thanks to an accident with a glass table when I was six. I still have the scar.
Scars kickass!!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Scars kickass!!
Lmfao yeah, I could just pretend I got it sliced off during a swordfight or something :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IHavePMS)
Lmfao yeah, I could just pretend I got it sliced off during a swordfight or something :cool:
Ya damn right! I actually put my whole right arm through the pane of glass in our front door to acquire my scars, tee he he he!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads