The Student Room Group

How do I search a user on TSR?

What the title says. Search bar shows nothing cause I assume it needs to be a text and not a link.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe try searching a thread they’ve posted in and go from there. Why do you want to find them if you don’t mind me asking?
who are you searching?
Just pop their name in the top right search bar there and see if they've commented on anything recently - then just click their pfp
Original post by qwert7890
What the title says. Search bar shows nothing cause I assume it needs to be a text and not a link.

Long winded method = Try google but put the student room first. Include the @ e.g. @Chronoscope
Then if they’ve posted any threads/comments the thread should show, then find their username.
Or just try tagging them in this thread/wherever
Reply 5
Original post by fish finger fan
Maybe try searching a thread they’ve posted in and go from there. Why do you want to find them if you don’t mind me asking?

Original post by Qxi.xli
who are you searching?

Look at you all, being so nosy :tongue: haha I'm kidding I'm kidding

No I wanted to search someone I knew on TSR. @Chronoscope's method seemed to work when I added apostrophes beside the username :smile:
Look at you all, being so nosy :tongue: haha I'm kidding I'm kidding

No I wanted to search someone I knew on TSR. @Chronoscope's method seemed to work when I added apostrophes beside the username :smile:

Hehe :biggrin:
with google search string "chronoscope" arrested tsr there are 59,400 hits

with google search string chronoscope arrested tsr there are 852 hits
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
with google search string "chronoscope" arrested tsr there are 59,400 hits

with google search string chronoscope arrested tsr there are 852 hits

The apostrophes make it compulsory for that word to appear within the google search. So for the 59,400 hits you are sure that the majority of them are pertaining to the chronoscope in question.

With the 852 hits you will have to check if Chronoschope even appears in the link or not :frown:
:flute:

:sheep::heart:
yes but you have to respect the 2m rule :hand:
Reply 11
Tag them without hitting the submit button and hit "view source" and copy their user ID, then go to another TSR user's profile and replace the one ID with the other in the url.
I can tell @Chronoscope's is 2041837 without going to her profile so I know the url to her profile will be thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=2041837
More complicated than what others have suggested but it will always work.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Tag them without hitting the submit button and hit "view source" and copy their user ID, then go to another TSR user's profile and replace the one ID with the other in the url.
I can tell @Chronoscope's is 2041837 without going to her profile so I know the url to her profile will be thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=2041837

Tech savvy fox :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by RazzzBerries
Tech savvy fox :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:lol:
Reply 15

damn wow. Yes this works. That way you don't have to hit the submit button!! Love it. Cheers.
Reply 16
:rofl: I wonder how many IDs have been searched by @LovelyMrFox :wink:
Reply 17
:lol:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
:lol: That's true. MrFox please feel free to search me on your next stalk round :colondollar:
Reply 19
:lol: That's true. MrFox please feel free to search me on your next stalk round :colondollar:

:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest