Cerysxxx3435536
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey ,

I just got an offer from Edinburgh University and I am clueless about when and how to apply for financial help. None of my family members have ever been to university and because the schools are off I have no help and no idea about what to do and where to start.

I come from a low income family and live in the 40th% of the poorest areas in Glasgow.

Any help is so much appreciated

Thanks
Plentyothings
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there! I'm from the UK however I assume the student loans work the same way? If so, I would apply for student finance ASAP because it can sometimes be a lengthy process and then you have time to correct any errors if something isn't quite right before the date your loan is supposed to go into your bank. I hope this helps!

Plentyothings
Cerysxxx3435536
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Plentyothings)
Hi there! I'm from the UK however I assume the student loans work the same way? If so, I would apply for student finance ASAP because it can sometimes be a lengthy process and then you have time to correct any errors if something isn't quite right before the date your loan is supposed to go into your bank. I hope this helps!

Plentyothings
I’m from Scotland and we apply using this thing called SAAS , I will look into applying now

Thank you so much 🥰
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%