Aminaabdi17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hello, so I had an interview today for ba in primary education with qts and it went really well, the interviewer told me that I had passed and made it seem like I would definitely be offered a place. However, I just had an update from track and found out that I was not successful. Now I'm really confused. Does the interviewer not have a say on whether or not I'm offered a place? Or do you think there are other factors I'm not considering?
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Aminaabdi17)
Hello, so I had an interview today for ba in primary education with qts and it went really well, the interviewer told me that I had passed and made it seem like I would definitely be offered a place. However, I just had an update from track and found out that I was not successful. Now I'm really confused. Does the interviewer not have a say on whether or not I'm offered a place? Or do you think there are other factors I'm not considering?
Email the university and ask for feedback.

It could be that it was done in error, or that they realised you fell short on some other basic criteria - though those should have been checked before the invite to interview. Is it possible that when the interviewer said you had passed, they meant just one component of the interview (e.g. the maths / english test) rather than the whole thing?
Aminaabdi17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
Email the university and ask for feedback.

It could be that it was done in error, or that they realised you fell short on some other basic criteria - though those should have been checked before the invite to interview. Is it possible that when the interviewer said you had passed, they meant just one component of the interview (e.g. the maths / english test) rather than the whole thing?
Academically I met the criteria and because of covid the tests they normally do were cancelled so the interview was just a one to one online conversation. I'm not sure what to think but I'll take your advice and ask them, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (350)
31.56%
No (759)
68.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed