The Student Room Group

I'm putting in all the effort

Have you ever felt like you're putting in all the effort into a relationship or dating?

I've been dating someone. She seems to sit back and lets me make the plans, but seems to be receptive and makes it easy when I do try to plan something. So that's a plus.
In my previous relationships, it's pretty much been a 50/50 thing where both parties make an equal effort - initiating contact, making plans etc. But in this case its almost me doing this. I would to see her do more in this regard but maybe that'll come in time?

She comes across very frosty over text with lots of one word replies (but she's like this with everybody) but is different over the phone and in person. Much warmer and bubbly. So we should really limit the texting.

When we're in person she does seem to show me lots of signs that she's interested.

It's still early days so maybe she just has her guard up and maybe she'll start initiating more once she's more comfortable.
Does that sound reasonable?
How old is she? She maybe is not sure what is wants exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Baby_Stitch
How old is she? She maybe is not sure what is wants exactly?

She's 25. I'm 28
Original post by Anonymous
She's 25. I'm 28

I see, i would just move on tbh
Reply 4
Original post by Baby_Stitch
I see, i would just move on tbh

I'm starting to think that you know
Reply 5
Sounds worth carrying on with this girl seeing as there are a lot of positive things about your relationship. When you feel comfortable you should tell her how you feel about the one-sided effort. For all you know she doesn't want elaborate dates? and just wants to hang out with you at your house.
Reply 6
Original post by caramina
Sounds worth carrying on with this girl seeing as there are a lot of positive things about your relationship. When you feel comfortable you should tell her how you feel about the one-sided effort. For all you know she doesn't want elaborate dates? and just wants to hang out with you at your house.

Fair comment. Maybe it's just the way it has to be for the short term. Me making all the plans. To be fair that's all we can do, simple dates.
There’s not a lot to do I’ll give her that but still if I was you I’d say something. Rather than breaking up, explain how you feel and if it doesn’t change well then you know what do to next. She may change or maybe she realises after you opened up that she does need to change and you have a fulfilling relationship, so just speak first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending