username5482462
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hiya, I’ve got an offer for Bristol vetmed (5 year course) and am most definitely going to firm it. I thought I’d start this so we could all get to know our potential future classmates 😊
What attracted you all to Bristol ?
Last edited by username5482462; 4 months ago
Mas2405
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I’ve got a Bristol offer too! I’m a Scottish applicant so Edinburgh/Glasgow would be my top choices but Bristol seems really great so I’d definitely be happy there as well
Pippyhippo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m a bristol offer holder too such a lovely university
username5482462
Rep:
?
(Original post by catherinethoma9)
I’m a bristol offer holder too such a lovely university
Are you thinking of firming Bristol ?
Storm Burke 0409
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey! I've gotten an offer as well. Im still waiting to hear back from all my choices before I make a decision but from what I've seen of Bristol it looks like a beautiful city. I can imagine being very happy living there!
username5482462
Rep:
?
(Original post by Storm Burke 0409)
Hey! I've gotten an offer as well. Im still waiting to hear back from all my choices before I make a decision but from what I've seen of Bristol it looks like a beautiful city. I can imagine being very happy living there!
Yes it is very lovely, my friend goes there and he has only nice things to say about it. I’ve been put on hold for RVC so am just waiting to hear back from them with a decision, but will probs be firming Bristol
Pippyhippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by E91zy)
Are you thinking of firming Bristol ?
I’m definitely considering it!
Storm Burke 0409
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by E91zy)
Yes it is very lovely, my friend goes there and he has only nice things to say about it. I’ve been put on hold for RVC so am just waiting to hear back from them with a decision, but will probs be firming Bristol
I'm in the same position. I always loved the idea of going to the RVC so i'll be waiting to hear back from them but im still not sure which one I'd firm if I do get an offer from the RVC, both seem amazing.
Pippyhippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What attracted everyone to bristol vet school I really like the Langford campus
username5482462
Rep:
?
I'm in the same position. I always loved the idea of going to the RVC so i'll be waiting to hear back from them but im still not sure which one I'd firm if I do get an offer from the RVC, both seem amazing.
Same, I think one thing that really attracted me to RVC was their intercalated year in comparative pathology however they’ve told me I can still do that even if I go to Bristol. But the only other thing that may make me chose it if they do give me an off is that I’d be able to commute to RVC which is a lot cheaper than £111 a week on accommodation at Bristol 😋
username5482462
Rep:
?
Same it’s beautiful. I love how they have their own farm and practice. I’ve heard that during 4th year vet students help run the farm/ do all the lambing which I’m quite excited about
Also I like how we’re integrated with other students as I love meeting new people/ hearing about their different hobbies and interests.
Last edited by username5482462; 4 months ago
Storm Burke 0409
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah the Langford campus seems really nice. I love the fact you get the city feel and experience while also having lost of green beautifull spaces!
Anxiety attack
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah the Langford campus seems really nice. I love the fact you get the city feel and experience while also having lost of green beautifull spaces!
Pity they are selling off the equine facility
username5482462
Rep:
?
Do you think you’ll go for accommodation that’s further out such as in the west ? I’m a bit torn when looking as it would be nice to be near to where our lectures would be/ we’d do lab stuff but I don’t think I’d want to be on the east accommodation as it’s a bit more pricey and you’re more in the city centre, and I quite like the more quiet parts of Bristol where you’re out of the action
username5482462
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anxiety attack)
Pity they are selling off the equine facility
It is a shame, personally I don’t intend to really go into equine once I’m trained so it’s not the biggest deal breaker but I’m sure they’ll be other equine opportunities around and about
Storm Burke 0409
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by E91zy)
Do you think you’ll go for accommodation that’s further out such as in the west ? I’m a bit torn when looking as it would be nice to be near to where our lectures would be/ we’d do lab stuff but I don’t think I’d want to be on the east accommodation as it’s a bit more pricey and you’re more in the city centre, and I quite like the more quiet parts of Bristol where you’re out of the action
I'm thinking of the West Village as I think its a kind of invetween. Its not bang in the centre but its still close to the lectures etc. Plus its supposed to have green areas around which I'd like but I'll need to have more of a look into the cost and what I'll practically be able to afford.
Last edited by Storm Burke 0409; 4 months ago
username5482462
Rep:
?
I'm thinking of the West Village as I think its a kind of invetween. Its not bang in the centre but its still close to the lectures etc. Plus its supposed to have green areas around which I'd like but I'll need to have more of a look into the cost and what I'll practically be able to afford.
Haha exactly my thinking, but I definitely will be going for the cheapest standard accommodation 😂
username5482462
Rep:
?
Whoo! I bet it feels great to make your choice, I’m still waiting to hear from RVC but I’m eager to be able to make my final decision
username5482462
Rep:
?
Awh well I potentially will see you in September!
Storm Burke 0409
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by E91zy)
Haha exactly my thinking, but I definitely will be going for the cheapest standard accommodation 😂
Yeah me too 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads