I have a deviated septum and a crooked nose does the NHS cover that

Watch
victoriu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a deviated septum which is quite apparent as my nose looks crooked and it makes me always have a blocked nose and asthma. In America a deviated septum is covered under their insurance and I am not sure about it here. I have no issue with my nose's appearance but does septoplasty make it look straighter cuz I feel as I look lopsided. Due to covid I wonder when GPs will open
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My understanding is that cases need to be referred on an individual basis to local Clinical Commissioning Groups for consideration.

If certain criteria are fulfilled, a septoplasty can be carried out.

GP surgeries are already open, although most appointments are phone consultations.

It's worth ringing the surgery and asking whether a phone consultation might be possible. You may need to wait, but you may be able to speak to one of the GPs to establish the situation in your area.
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
My understanding is that cases need to be referred on an individual basis to local Clinical Commissioning Groups for consideration.

If certain criteria are fulfilled, a septoplasty can be carried out.

GP surgeries are already open, although most appointments are phone consultations.

It's worth ringing the surgery and asking whether a phone consultation might be possible. You may need to wait, but you may be able to speak to one of the GPs to establish the situation in your area.
Thank you i am gonna give it a go
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by victoriu)
I have a deviated septum which is quite apparent as my nose looks crooked and it makes me always have a blocked nose and asthma. In America a deviated septum is covered under their insurance and I am not sure about it here. I have no issue with my nose's appearance but does septoplasty make it look straighter cuz I feel as I look lopsided. Due to covid I wonder when GPs will open
Ask ur gp!
They’ll be able to tell u (or refer u to someone who will for sure) if ur asthma and blocked nose are even related to ur deviated septum... if an operation really is needed, then yh Kerzen is correct.
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ask ur gp!
They’ll be able to tell u (or refer u to someone who will for sure) if ur asthma and blocked nose are even related to ur deviated septum... if an operation really is needed, then yh Kerzen is correct.
I was talking to some cosmetic surgeon and she said i do have a deviated septum
georgiah31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I went to the GP about this and they’ve referred me to an ENT, just waiting for them to contact me to make an appointment, so definitely worth a try
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by georgiah31)
I went to the GP about this and they’ve referred me to an ENT, just waiting for them to contact me to make an appointment, so definitely worth a try
thank you did u go during this whole pandemic situation or before
victoriu
Rep:
?
Also I heard if u pay for the ENT which is prolly like 200 pounds you get the appointment done quicker
georgiah31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by victoriu)
thank you did u go during this whole pandemic situation or before
I went last week, so during the pandemic still
victoriu
Rep:
?
I went last week, so during the pandemic still
thank u babe
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe it’s not the best idea to take up a GP slot for a crooked nose in the middle of a global pandemic?
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Etomidate)
Maybe it’s not the best idea to take up a GP slot for a crooked nose in the middle of a global pandemic?
that's what I was thinking I am gonna wait a few months
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.23%
No (627)
50.77%

Watched Threads