Suggest an anime for me to read or watch!

Watch
SanaYui
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can anyone suggest an anime or maybe manga that is completed and has a happy ending?

But the genre I want is Rom-Com, Anyone?
It's your time to shine! Hahaha, a joke.
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All the rom-coms that have happy endings tend to bore me a little.

I particularly like Your Lie in April, but it doesn't exactly have a happy ending per se. However, it's one amazing piece of artistry.

I hear Clannad has a happy ending, but you will have to go through 47 episodes to get it in the end.

Kimagure's Orange Road is a classic. Less com, more rom and a teenage love triangle.

You can always filter the list of anime available on Crunchyroll for rom-coms. You could also look up suggestions on MyAnimeList.net (it's often good for this sort of thing).
MarlianNami
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SanaYui)
Can anyone suggest an anime or maybe manga that is completed and has a happy ending?

I’ve got you :
Blue Spring Ride
Kamisama Kiss
Toradora
Wolf girl and black prince
Kimi ni Todoke
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Love is hard for an otaku
Yona of the dawn
Nana

That should keep you busy for a while!
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by MindMax2000)
All the rom-coms that have happy endings tend to bore me a little.

I particularly like Your Lie in April, but it doesn't exactly have a happy ending per se. However, it's one amazing piece of artistry.

I hear Clannad has a happy ending, but you will have to go through 47 episodes to get it in the end.

Kimagure's Orange Road is a classic. Less com, more rom and a teenage love triangle.

You can always filter the list of anime available on Crunchyroll for rom-coms. You could also look up suggestions on MyAnimeList.net (it's often good for this sort of thing).
Omg... I remember Clannad and Clannad after story though-... I cried there a lot... I've watched episode 1 of Your Lie in April and it was sad, but I'll try to watch it fully. and Kimagure's Orange Road? I haven't heard of it yet, but I'll try, Thank you for the suggestion.
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by MarlianNami)
I’ve got you :
Blue Spring Ride
Kamisama Kiss
Toradora
Wolf girl and black prince
Kimi ni Todoke
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Yona of the dawn
Nana

That should keep you busy for a while!
Blue Spring Ride
Kamisama Kiss
Toradora
Wolf girl and the black prince
Kimi ni Todoke
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Yona of the dawn

I've managed to watch them all but haven't fully read the manga yet. But may I know what Nana is about? I've heard that it is good, But still I haven't tried it out yet.
donburi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I don’t know much of rom/com manga/anime but I can recommend you some quite good japanese dorama in that genre if you’re interested?
kousentuning
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

it's pretty popular so you've probably seen it already but love, chunibyo and other delusions is really cute! there's also the pet girl of sakurasou but i watched that years ago so i don't remember how i felt about it but it's a rom-com with a happy ending for sure.

edit: omg i completely forgot about horimiya .. it's still airing so there are only 6 episodes out at the moment but i still totally recommend it. peak romcom
Last edited by kousentuning; 2 weeks ago
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Adding Kaguya-sama: Love Is War to what is already a great list of suggestions. :yep:
MindMax2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kousentuning)
it's pretty popular so you've probably seen it already but love, chunibyo and other delusions is really cute! there's also the pet girl of sakurasou but i watched that years ago so i don't remember how i felt about it but it's a rom-com with a happy ending for sure.
Can you explain to me the appeal of Chunibyo? I find it excrutiating to watch.
kousentuning
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you explain to me the appeal of Chunibyo? I find it excrutiating to watch.
for me it's mainly because i love the chemistry between the two main characters + the fact that it's just funny and relatable, with a fairly simple plot that has no drama when it comes to the romance (in season 1 at least). although i guess it's not for everyone; if what you find excruciating is rikka's whole wicked eye shtick then you probably wouldn't enjoy it because she doesn't grow out of it by the end of the series lol
kashootmyself
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

your name hehe
cricketx
Badges: 3
Report 2 weeks ago
my little monster is my all time favourite and i really loved nagi no asukara, have you watched any ghibli films?
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by donburi)
I don’t know much of rom/com manga/anime but I can recommend you some quite good japanese dorama in that genre if you’re interested?
OoO~ Really? Sure thing, it's hard for me to find a good Japanese drama anyway, I really appreciate it if you could do that. 😊🥰
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by kousentuning)

edit: omg i completely forgot about horimiya .. it's still airing so there are only 6 episodes out at the moment but i still totally recommend it. peak romcom
Horimiya? Haven't heard of it yet, And I'm excited to watch it. Btw, there's also a manga version of it, right? If so, I'll read it too.

I know Chunibyo and Other Delusions and Pet Girl of Sakurasou but didn't manage to finish watching it and I almost forgot some parts of it. So I might as well watch it again. Chunibyo and Other Delusions is great, Yuta and Rikka got married in the movie part, right? EKKK!! I'm so excited again, I'm an anime lover anyway.
🥰🥰
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Adding Kaguya-sama: Love Is War to what is already a great list of suggestions. :yep
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War is definitely a great anime! But I'm still stuck in season 1 though;-;
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by kashootmyself)
your name hehe
I heard of it and it's quite popular, I watched the beginning and the end of the story but didn't manage to watch the middle story, due to some projects in school. But it's a great story, which had made me cry and also laugh (only in the beginning).
SanaYui
Rep:
?
(Original post by babyxxpanda)
my little monster is my all time favourite and i really loved nagi no asukara, have you watched any ghibli films?
My Little Monster is my favorite anime too!
Btw, This is my top 3 anime, which is my favorite.

1 - Itazura Na Kiss (I think you know this, right?)
2 - Zero no Tsukaima, also known as The Familiar of Zero (I bet you vividly know this Hahaha)
3 - Sword Art Online, which is also known as SAO (I also bet you know this)

Hahaha, this is my top 3 favorite anime EVER!

Ghibli films? No, I haven't, but is it great? I quite know Nagi no Asukara but I still don't know whether it is finished or not, that's why I still haven't tried it out yet.
MindMax2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My Little Monster is my favorite anime too!
Btw, This is my top 3 anime, which is my favorite.

1 - Itazura Na Kiss (I think you know this, right?)
2 - Zero no Tsukaima, also known as The Familiar of Zero (I bet you vividly know this Hahaha)
3 - Sword Art Online, which is also known as SAO (I also bet you know this)

Hahaha, this is my top 3 favorite anime EVER!

Ghibli films? No, I haven't, but is it great? I quite know Nagi no Asukara but I still don't know whether it is finished or not, that's why I still haven't tried it out yet.
Ghibli is like the Disney of anime (you might have seen a number of the films without realising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#Feature_films). There are a number of romantic films there, but not necessarily rom-com. You should enjoy a number of them if you're into romance and fantasy genres. Howl's moving castle should be one you would like. Castle in the Sky, The Cat Returns, and Whisper of the Heart should be good for you. Kiki's delivery service should be worth checking out.
SanaYui
Rep:
?
Ghibli is like the Disney of anime (you might have seen a number of the films without realising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#Feature_films). There are a number of romantic films there, but not necessarily rom-com. You should enjoy a number of them if you're into romance and fantasy genres. Howl's moving castle should be one you would like. Castle in the Sky, The Cat Returns, and Whisper of the Heart should be good for you. Kiki's delivery service should be worth checking out.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! Now I'm going to be busy again. Hahaha
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I quite know Nagi no Asukara but I still don't know whether it is finished or not, that's why I still haven't tried it out yet.
Nagi no Asukara has been finished for a good 6-7 years now. :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.81%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.23%
Live streaming events (52)
7.98%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.05%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.47%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.47%