Dash cam? Anyone else?

Watch
scorpion95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have one and think it is a good idea as you never know what might happen either to you or someone else on the road and is a good bit of evidence. Some people will have two camera's one on the windscreen and one on the rear window. I would say to get one, nextbase are good, you can get one with GPS so can track where you are and speed also
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by scorpion95)
I have one and think it is a good idea as you never know what might happen either to you or someone else on the road and is a good bit of evidence. Some people will have two camera's one on the windscreen and one on the rear window. I would say to get one, nextbase are good, you can get one with GPS so can track where you are and speed also
Is yours ok in the summer heat? If so, which do you have?
scorpion95
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Is yours ok in the summer heat? If so, which do you have?
Yeah mine is ok throughout the year and haven't really had any problems with it, I have a nextbase one and just take it out whenever park the car up as it is detachable
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I'm thinking of getting a dash cam for my car as people where I live cannot drive.

Anyone got one? Good/bad idea? Has it helped you? Recommendations for which one is good?

Cheers!
I consider it essential equipment on a car. Due to the way that people lie or tell extreme exagerations after they are involved in collisions.

When I declared my dashcam to the insurance company they gave me a nice little discount for this "modification".

I like the Viofo ones. The A119 on the front only, is fine for my needs. Even if I get rear ended it will show how I was driving when the accident happened.

There's a dedicated forum for dashcams. It was due to their advice that I bought Viofo:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 17 hours ago
I'm thinking of getting a dash cam for my car as people where I live cannot drive.

Anyone got one? Good/bad idea? Has it helped you? Recommendations for which one is good?

Cheers!
Yes, I've got one and would recommend one.
I've got a next base one.
Nick6501
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 25 minutes ago
I wasn't really for the dashcams like i wasn't bothered about them until i came across front and back dashcams on sale for a decent price and safe to say its saved me thousands when i got rear ended and will always have a dashcam now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (499)
51.39%
No (472)
48.61%

Watched Threads