Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Has anyone received the first set of FPP offers on the 17th ?

What’s is the cut off point for Primary list this year.. does anyone know ?

Just that I haven’t received any offer and am a bit worried that I won’t get in anywhere for FPP.

But I hear there is 3 sets of offer, so might get lucky.

Good luck to everyone anyways..
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hiya! I got an offer yesterday but unfortunately, they didn't reveal our scores so it will be rather tough to predict the cut-off score for the primary list
Ryan Nayr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I haven't heard anything back yet but my application now says interview in progress. Maybe different deaneries release results on different days?
UoMMed96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yha it’s say “Interviewing” on my application too. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Which deaneries did you apply ? I applied to Trent and Leicester, but heard nothing so far:
Ryan Nayr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied LNR so hopefully it is just that lol
Kiorde
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nope all deaneries would have given out their first round of offers.

There will be more offers given out on Wednesday, and then another set the Wednesday after. If you don’t get any offers by then you’re unsuccessful, will depend on which programmes you ranked and their competitivity etc .

Try not to get too worked up, it’s hard to get any meaning from it.. Some may of had about 10 applications and others had >100

This year is different cos they’re cascading offers (different to previous) , so I believe there won’t be a cut off, just after the third ffp round those without an offer would just be marked as unsuccessful, and will get their FP through the main one as normal.
Ryan Nayr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I get the weekly thing (similar to AFP). But what does the 17th-19th window mean then? Like what is the purpose of that.
UoMMed96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they usually give out the offer on the first day e.g. 17th, and the applicant have 48hr to accept it. That’s why it’s says 17-19th. So technically the offer day is the first day of the allocated time periods. All the rejected places will go to the next highest ranker.
Ryan Nayr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
O that makes sense. Thanks all!!! Guess it’s just wait and see really. Goodluck
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
so i emailed the UKFPO about the interview status change, and they said it was done in error prior to offers being sent out on Wed (I didn't get an offer and my status also changed to interview)
UoMMed96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also if you did extremely bad in your SJT you would have got an email today (19th).

It’s says on the UKFPO Twitter account that emails are send out today for those with extremely low SJT scores and that interviews will take place on the 25th via Skype.

So if haven’t got an email today and didn’t get an FPP offer, it just means that you didn’t rank high enough and prob haven’t flopped SJT overall.

Hopefully we will all get a place over the next few weeks.

Stay positive !!!
Last edited by UoMMed96; 1 month ago
lyra1987
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Part of me is now thinking if I have not done very very badly on the SJT to justify an email, then maybe I would rather take my chances with the FP and try to get my home city rather than commuting.
Boredandlazy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kiorde)
Nope all deaneries would have given out their first round of offers.

There will be more offers given out on Wednesday, and then another set the Wednesday after. If you don’t get any offers by then you’re unsuccessful, will depend on which programmes you ranked and their competitivity etc .

Try not to get too worked up, it’s hard to get any meaning from it.. Some may of had about 10 applications and others had >100

This year is different cos they’re cascading offers (different to previous) , so I believe there won’t be a cut off, just after the third ffp round those without an offer would just be marked as unsuccessful, and will get their FP through the main one as normal.
The info regarding all deaneries having sent our their first round of offers, is that the same every year?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
.f
Milly Mile
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anybody received offers today 24th Feb? I am so sad that today I still haven't received any offers.
Blueandleafy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, mine came this morning
Ryan Nayr
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyo I had a question.
I also got an offer yesterday but it wasn't my top preference. On the email it says that if accepted other applications will be withdrawn with the exception of posts that are higher in the offers hierarchy. Does this mean that the post I put on the top of my preference list can still offer me a place and also will be able to even accept it (if one does come through)?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ryan Nayr)
Heyo I had a question.
I also got an offer yesterday but it wasn't my top preference. On the email it says that if accepted other applications will be withdrawn with the exception of posts that are higher in the offers hierarchy. Does this mean that the post I put on the top of my preference list can still offer me a place and also will be able to even accept it (if one does come through)?
i wouldve interpretted it like that too, gotta say that sounds very good
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ryan Nayr)
Heyo I had a question.
Maybe something changed but last week my email from Oriel said 'if you decline the offer you will be included in the FP allocation process and you will receive no further FPP offers in this round of recruitment'
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Maybe something changed but last week my email from Oriel said 'if you decline the offer you will be included in the FP allocation process and you will receive no further FPP offers in this round of recruitment'
If you decline an FPP offer, you will not get another offer for FPP. You will automatically be moved to FP.
I think (emphasis on think) offers that are rejected are passed on to the next cascade, and after the 3rd round of offers, the left over FPP posts are converted to normal FP jobs. The left over FPP posts were turned into FP last year at least.
I got an offer on the 17th, It was my 3rd choice and all in the same area I want to be for foundation year, with nice offers and courses so I took it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (122)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (368)
14.81%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (272)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (350)
14.08%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (113)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (150)
6.04%
Loneliness (213)
8.57%
Financial worries (92)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.27%
Exposure to negative news/social media (119)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (131)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (216)
8.69%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (233)
9.38%

Watched Threads