What benefits can you get from the DSA with ADHD?

Watch
Throwaway0814
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was doing some research and I discovered strat the DSA existed and that at Brighton where I am due to go next year you can get funding/benefits if you have disabilities like ADHD (which I have).

Some websites detail it briefly but I was interested to know if you could get money deducted from study fees or accommodation costs, as my family don’t currently have enough funds to send me although my parents have pretty average salaries.

Has anyone else with ADHD used the system? What did you get through it?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'd only get money for accommodation costs if your accommodation needs are purely based off of your disability requirements, and even then SFE are weird about it. They're even more stringent about this nowadays than when I was in university.

My assessor said I should've had the accommodation difference covered due to my disability (I required on campus, ground floor, ensuite accommodation), SFE said no. My university helped instead via non-standard awards from their funds to support students with financial hardship for each year I studied there.

Your assessor will talk through your study needs with you, it will most likely be software, hardware, study mentor, and money back from non-core text books and printer consumables. This is dependent in you and your needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (485)
51.82%
No (451)
48.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise