ridhimalani
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi
I've got offer from University of Bristol and Leeds for Msc Management.
But I'm thinking to apply for more university and I'm confused between Manchester, Cranfield ,Henley and UCD Smurfit Business School.
Let me know which two or three from the above ones I should apply for and which is better between bristol and leeds.
Warwick Business School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ridhimalani)
Hi
But I'm thinking to apply for more university and I'm confused between Manchester, Cranfield ,Henley and UCD Smurfit Business School.
Let me know which two or three from the above ones I should apply for and which is better between bristol and leeds.
Hi @ridhimalani

Congratulations on your offers for Bristol and Leeds! Have you considered Warwick Business School's MSc Management course?

The course has been inspired by our successful MBA programmes and is currently ranked 1st in the UK by The Economist. You can read more about the course and its content here if you're interested!

We've also got a couple of events coming up if you wanted to get a feel for WBS and our MScs, you can register below:
MSc Applications and Scholarships Webinar
MSc Careers Webinar
MSc Virtual Networking Event

Hope this is helpful, do let me know if you have any questions!
Eleanor
ridhimalani
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Warwick Business School)
Hi @ridhimalani

Congratulations on your offers for Bristol and Leeds! Have you considered Warwick Business School's MSc Management course?

The course has been inspired by our successful MBA programmes and is currently ranked 1st in the UK by The Economist. You can read more about the course and its content here if you're interested!

We've also got a couple of events coming up if you wanted to get a feel for WBS and our MScs, you can register below:
MSc Applications and Scholarships Webinar
MSc Careers Webinar
MSc Virtual Networking Event

Hope this is helpful, do let me know if you have any questions!
Eleanor
Hi Eleanor,

I had applied at WBS as well and to my shock my application got rejected there a week ago.I'm not really sure what was the reason because I've received unconditional offer letter from others . WBS was 1st on my list so I'm just disturbed with the rejection.

Let me know if you can help me with that. Thanks for the suggestion!
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
UCD Smurfit is very highly ranked for MiM, quite a bit cheaper than UK business schools, and located in Dublin which is particularly useful for networking. It's relatively easier to get into than equivalent UK business schools, there are more scholarship opportunities, and if you're Indian it's very highly respected as UCD has very strong links with India. The visa process for Ireland, both student visa and remaining afterwards, is also more forgiving.

The downsides are that it's not as well known internationally as UK based universities and its overall ranks are lower which further reinforces that. Dublin is also very expensive in terms of living costs which can balance out the lower tuition fees.
mike23mike
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi
Leeds is better than Bristol because it is triple-accredited - AMBA, AACSB and Equis. I would go to Leeds and look no further.
ridhimalani
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of the same. Since Leeds is triple accredited it looks better. But I wanna understand the job perspective of both the Universities. As per what I have seen Bristol has better employability rank. So pretty confused.
Greens123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of the same. Since Leeds is triple accredited it looks better. But I wanna understand the job perspective of both the Universities. As per what I have seen Bristol has better employability rank. So pretty confused.
Facing similar dilemma here - have received offers from University of Bristol, Cranfield University, University of Liverpool and University of Glasgow. Have you decided which one to go for?

Bristol seems to have a better employability rank and a livelier city, but the MSc Management Degree is not accredited. The other university offers that I received from have some form of accreditation. How important is it for degrees to be accredited for us to land jobs in UK?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.94%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.17%
Live streaming events (44)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.76%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.34%