Need help with the foundation pathway for an international student

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am an international student applying with A levels but due to extenuating circumstances I am not able to score well in my exams. I have gotten conditional offers based on my predicted but my health gave in and I am afraid I didn't do well. I was looking to apply to Medicine but I couldn't do UCAT back then but I am also open to do Biomed. I can't seem to apply to International foundation pathway according to the website due to the fact that i took A levels and now i am not sure if i can take a foundation pathway? I really want to get into Bristol because its my dream uni. Can someone please guide me?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am an international student applying with A levels but due to extenuating circumstances I am not able to score well in my exams. I have gotten conditional offers based on my predicted but my health gave in and I am afraid I didn't do well. I was looking to apply to Medicine but I couldn't do UCAT back then but I am also open to do Biomed. I can't seem to apply to International foundation pathway according to the website due to the fact that i took A levels and now i am not sure if i can take a foundation pathway? I really want to get into Bristol because its my dream uni. Can someone please guide me?
Alternative qualifications for an MB ChB include the Access to HE diploma and BTEC, which are available after A Levels or mature students:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...e/mb-medicine/
You might want to check with the undergrad admin team to check whether you can do this though, considering they have barred you from doing the international foundation pathway.

I would also imagine you could always retake your A Levels, or at least explain your extenuating circumstances to the undergrad admin team to see what they say.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Alternative qualifications for an MB ChB include the Access to HE diploma and BTEC, which are available after A Levels or mature students:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...e/mb-medicine/
You might want to check with the undergrad admin team to check whether you can do this though, considering they have barred you from doing the international foundation pathway.

I would also imagine you could always retake your A Levels, or at least explain your extenuating circumstances to the undergrad admin team to see what they say.
Thanks for replying! Apologies for not mentioning clearly that they believe that A levels isn't considered as 'international' according to them vs if I would have done my own country's qualifications such as state board or government owned board exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (377)
52.73%
No (338)
47.27%

Watched Threads