The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham university 2022 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

I thought you ranked college preferences after receiving an offer? Or is after applying? Bit confused.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by highlighters0312
Hi everyone! I just got the portal log in and went and ranked all my colleges. There's a table in the portal with my name, DOB, course etc. But one of the boxes says 'Choice Number: 2' What does this mean??!!

I thought that you ranked preferences upon receiving an offer from the university? Or is once you have applied? I’m a bit confused.
I got to rank them when I got the acknowledgement, you get a login for an application portal
Reply 183
Original post by Anonymous
I thought that you ranked preferences upon receiving an offer from the university? Or is once you have applied? I’m a bit confused.

I think although you can rank the colleges after applying, it won’t achieve anything. I think I may just wait until if or after I receive an offer as they won’t consider my ranking until then anyway and they will give you a deadline in which to do this.
Original post by ellwag
I think although you can rank the colleges after applying, it won’t achieve anything. I think I may just wait until if or after I receive an offer as they won’t consider my ranking until then anyway and they will give you a deadline in which to do this.

I looked on their website and it says that you have 7 days after receiving an offer to rank college preferences
Original post by ellwag

I’m going to do the same
Original post by orangecarrot
oh south doesnt have gowned formals? the durham website and southjcr website saidit does tho.. doyou happen to know which is more international given that both colleges are pretty similar?

Both colleges are pretty diverse, but I think John Snow has a slightly higher proportion of international students, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by nakous
Hey all!
Which A-level subjects are you doing? Taking the IB with a predicted grade of 44 (HL: Economics 7, Global Politics 7, English L&L 7)
Which degree? PPE (but thinking of switching to Liberal Arts if I get in)
College? University College
Why Durham? I love the flexibility of the course, the collegiate system and the architecture (and of course the Hogwarts feeling)
Other unis? Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh
Good luck to everyone

Hi everyone! I want to do History and English - I’ve applied to Oxford too lol - are we all potential oxbridge rejects? 😂
Good luck everyone with Oxbridge and Durham!
Original post by isabelangharad
Which A level subjects are you doing?
Maths, Further Maths, English Literature, History and Spanish AS

Which degree do you have your eyes on?
English Literature, or English Literature with History

What's your dream college?
Either St Cuthbert's Society or Jon Snow (very different vibes)

Why Durham?
Beautiful city and a great course (particularly the joint honours one)

Which other unis are you considering?
Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh and York

No way! I’ve applied for History and English at Durham, York and Oxford too. :smile:

I’ve also applied for Cuthbert’s at Durham!
anyone applied for natsci?
I’ve applied for Biological sciences😄

Me too - nice to see someone else applying for it on this thread!
Hi!
Which A-Level subjects are you doing?
Maths (A*), Further Maths (A), Economics (A*), Geography (A*)
Which degree do you have your eyes on?
Human Geography (maybe International Relations)
What’s your dream Durham college?

University (Castle), then Cuth's

Yay more biology people! :smile:
anyone applied for natsci?

I have.
Original post by aaron2578
I have.

where else u applied?
Which A-level subjects are you doing? English Literature, History, Philosophy & ethics.
Which degree? English Literature and History
College? St Chads
Why Durham? I love the collegiate system and how beautiful the city is. It's not too big nor too small, the perfect combination of urban and rural. (Also, some of my family live close to Durham so it would be nice to have the opportunity to see them more too)
Other unis? Oxford, Edinburgh, York, Lancaster (I got an offer from York last week!)
No way! I’ve applied for History and English at Durham, York and Oxford too. :smile:

I’ve also applied for Cuthbert’s at Durham!I

I have applied for History and English also! (at Oxford and York too :smile:!, How are you feeling about the HAT exam?)
Heyyy, I’m thinking of applying to Durham too but idk if my GCSE grades would let me haha cos they are crap (3 As, 5 Bs, 1C) cos I got downgraded by 1-2 grades in all my subjects :/

anyway…
I take history, politics and economics (A*A*A)
I wanna do Politics and IR
I love Cuths and St Johns
it’s a world rejoined institution of academic excellence, that would be a dream to study there plus it’s pretty
Im looking at Bath and UCL also
Original post by katierose2431603
I have applied for History and English also! (at Oxford and York too :smile:!, How are you feeling about the HAT exam?)

Scared! I've done a couple of practice essays and stuff but I haven't overly prepared. Hopefully this half-term I will get some more revision done! Which college at Oxford have you gone for? I've gone for Balliol.

Quick Reply

Latest