The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham university 2022 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily~3695
Yeah it is quite high. I’m predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further maths Physics and chemistry. Did you apply for physics as well? :smile:

Wow that’s fantastic! No my disgusted is waiting on law!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Yeah my offer on ucas was A*A*A to include maths and physics which is the same as what the website says.

Just to check what the wording means in terms of entry requirements, we only need in A* of one of maths or physics along with an A* in any other subject right?(i.e. you don't need A*s in both)

Just asking because despite being predicted 3A*s I feel that I'm far more likely to get an A* in geography than an A* in physics(maths I'm pretty confident in my chances of an A*) because geography is generally pretty easy.

I do also an A* in epq but unfortunately that means nothing for all but one of the unis I applied to :/.
Original post by james.osborne
Just to check what the wording means in terms of entry requirements, we only need in A* of one of maths or physics along with an A* in any other subject right?(i.e. you don't need A*s in both)

Just asking because despite being predicted 3A*s I feel that I'm far more likely to get an A* in geography than an A* in physics(maths I'm pretty confident in my chances of an A*) because geography is generally pretty easy.

I do also an A* in epq but unfortunately that means nothing for all but one of the unis I applied to :/.

Yeah my offer is just to get those grades In Any subjects it’s doesn’t specify which ones so you should be ok if you get geography as one of the A* grades. That’s kinda annoying that the epq doesn’t count but it is still a good qualification to have anyway :smile:
Just got an offer for physics!! :smile:

Congrats! I’m not familiar with the Durham’s collegiate system, do you know what college you’re going to now?
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats! I’m not familiar with the Durham’s collegiate system, do you know what college you’re going to now?

Not yet, I need to fill out the ranking form first and I think I’ll find out which college I’ve been allocated to in the next couple of weeks :smile:
I’ve seen lots of offers being posted on here today. Do people know if they’re contextual etc or if standard offers are now coming through?
I think this evenings offers have been standard
Not yet, I need to fill out the ranking form first and I think I’ll find out which college I’ve been allocated to in the next couple of weeks :smile:

Hi. When did you apply please?
Original post by Victoria.23
Any psychology offers yet?

I received a contextual offer 2 weeks ago
Has anyone had a standard offer back for English yet? Or know of anyone who has?
Original post by Eivors
Wow that’s fantastic! No my disgusted is waiting on law!

I meant daughter!!!!
Original post by Anonymous4728!
Hi. When did you apply please?

I sent of my application on the 12 October :smile:
Original post by GSJ131415
Has anyone had a standard offer back for English yet? Or know of anyone who has?

The first English applicant I have seen (aside from myself)!!!! I haven’t seen any offers yet sorry.
Original post by b_emma67
I’ve seen lots of offers being posted on here today. Do people know if they’re contextual etc or if standard offers are now coming through?

Isn't there a Google Form somewhere where students can enter their offers, course/college, predicted A-Levels etc? Plus an underlying spreadsheet to view the results?

If someone could kindly post the links here that would be very helpful. Thanks!
Any offers for computer science yet? My son is waiting to hear back.
Just got an offer for Chinese Studies!
Original post by sokaa2004
The first English applicant I have seen (aside from myself)!!!! I haven’t seen any offers yet sorry.

I’m waiting for an English offer too!
Original post by LTuckerrrrrr
Just got an offer for Chinese Studies!

Congrats, May I ask when your email came through?
Has anyone had a non contextual offer for economics and politics (or something similar) yet?

Quick Reply

Latest