How good is pole dancing for exercise?

Watch
fit2flaunt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Among the health benefits of pole dancing is the fact it helps you approach weight loss from both a cardio and strength perspective. High activity in the sessions helps you burn calories and all the lifting, climbing and holding will help you build muscle.
athena5967
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, even though my friend and I have been wanting to do it for a while (set backs being age and covid), we still haven't. However! Pole dancing is very good for arm and core strength at least. Depending on how much you do, it could be very good for leg strength as well. Remember, you're toning you arms by having to hold your whole body up and you core has to crunch to flip you up or hold that position as you swing round the pole. Leg strength for the more advanced moves as you will be holding yourself with your legs or doing things similar to air walking.
In summary, it is very good and you need strength.
If you decide to do the more exotic version of pole dancing you'll still have the same benefits but you might want to be more careful with those heels!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
be careful
pole dancing is not for scaredy cats.
athena5967
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
be careful
pole dancing is not for scaredy cats.
ah dw about us, my friend is a daredevil and im already quite trained in aspects that make up pole dancing PLUS i love doing dangerous sh*t
NHS_DeathCult
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Useless for exercise. Good for your pathological attention seeking in social media though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (662)
48.39%
No (706)
51.61%

Watched Threads