Health anxiety or bad health?

Watch
Greekleaf2858
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’ve always been quite worried about my health since my accident but my doctors don’t seem concerned about my symptoms, I feel tired all the time, I have very weird bowel patterns recently which they’ve put me on medication for but don’t think it’s anything serious, I feel sick a lot , I wake up with headaches and tummy pain , I feel dizzy and like I can’t catch my breathe when I get up and I’m only 16 , it’s been really down hill I cry all day and get the chills I’m so sad all the time , I don’t know what to do , I’ve been to my doctors twice in the last month and I feel annoying keep going back but I’m convinced I have something like terminal illness
007Ruby007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I’m sorry you feel that way <3

Perhaps it’s a side effect of your previous medication (if any). I’d recommend you to see your GP and explain your symptoms especially if it’s disrupting your everyday life and you feel like you can’t cope.

Is there anything you can think of which may trigger these symptoms? Do they happen at a specific time in the day? Before or after food? etc
Greekleaf2858
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 007Ruby007)
Hi, I’m sorry you feel that way <3

Perhaps it’s a side effect of your previous medication (if any). I’d recommend you to see your GP and explain your symptoms especially if it’s disrupting your everyday life and you feel like you can’t cope.

Is there anything you can think of which may trigger these symptoms? Do they happen at a specific time in the day? Before or after food? etc
When I wake up mostly , I have spoke to previous doctors and they keep telling me it’s anxiety.
lmgreynolds
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It might be medication or side effects of the trauma of your accident including mental health which can have very physical symptoms. Definitely see a doctor again if you're worried it might be something more acute. It's sometimes hard to reach out and I hope you start to feel better soon.
There's a charity called Body and Soul who help those who've been through trauma and at the moment they're offering a livestream once a week with an ex-NHS therapist giving and showing how to use DBT skills to manage symptoms of mental health and general every day life. The sign up link is http://bodyandsoulcharity.org/sharet...blocks-mindset . x
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Greekleaf2858)
So I’ve always been quite worried about my health since my accident but my doctors don’t seem concerned about my symptoms, I feel tired all the time, I have very weird bowel patterns recently which they’ve put me on medication for but don’t think it’s anything serious, I feel sick a lot , I wake up with headaches and tummy pain , I feel dizzy and like I can’t catch my breathe when I get up and I’m only 16 , it’s been really down hill I cry all day and get the chills I’m so sad all the time , I don’t know what to do , I’ve been to my doctors twice in the last month and I feel annoying keep going back but I’m convinced I have something like terminal illness
What’s ur diet like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (593)
49.5%
No (605)
50.5%

Watched Threads