Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
As so many of us can't visit unis this year, I was thinking a forum where people could post the unis they are trying to decide between and then people can provide any information/opinions/experiences they have with them. I need help deciding and I am sure they are lots of people also experiencing this!!!
Anonymous #1
i am deciding between manchester, durham, and southampton for psychology....i really like all of them for different reasons oops
dani_05
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 so won't be much help but I would appreciate some advice, your opinion or experiences with the following universities specifically business subjects. Any help is greatly appreciated appreciated. Thank you.

University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, Lancaster University, UA92 and University of Law (Manchester Campus)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dani_05)
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 so won't be much help but I would appreciate some advice, your opinion or experiences with the following universities specifically business subjects. Any help is greatly appreciated appreciated. Thank you.

University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, Lancaster University, UA92 and University of Law (Manchester Campus)
you probably know all of these but this is why i applied to uni of manchester.....
1. manchester as a city has an incredible music and culture scene, always a lot going on
2. very large student body size (this could potentially be a negative but as of this there is lots of stuff going on, good social scene, lots of societies etc)
3. has a really cool business building, very modern, lots of study space
4. obviously a lot going on in manchester as a city alone, but very central in terms of transport around the uk and internationally
5. post uni good employment opportunities, lots of internship and work placements during the degree
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As so many of us can't visit unis this year, I was thinking a forum where people could post the unis they are trying to decide between and then people can provide any information/opinions/experiences they have with them. I need help deciding and I am sure they are lots of people also experiencing this!!!
If you go on the subforum for the universities there may be a sticky thread where you can ask a current student.

Ok, there isn't one for Manchester or Durham but there is one for Southampton: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2116805
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sinnoh)
If you go on the subforum for the universities there may be a sticky thread where you can ask a current student.

Ok, there isn't one for Manchester or Durham but there is one for Southampton: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2116805
thank you so much i had no idea this was thing
amanda_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m trying to choose between Durham and Bristol for law
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ive got a blog on the open days my daughter went to for physics
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6562744 Leeds, Lancaster York, Oxford, Leicester.
She chose Lancaster in the end and a proper breakdown is here of the Lancaster information: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6904136
Brity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am also deciding between Durham and Manchester psychology. Which first?
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey everyone!

If anyone is considering the University of Liverpool and has any questions please feel free to ask!

Antonia
University of Liverpool Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (22)
8.27%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.2%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.67%

Watched Threads