behind with school

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm so behind with school. I've been struggling with mental health and due to health and hospitalisation i wasn't able to concentrate on school for the first 5 months of sixth form, now i am 5 months behind, havent done any notes or revision and end of year exams (yr12) are likely to be in june (also since this forum doesnt allow certain words for it to be anonymous, im trying not to use schoolish words so i post as anonymous ). i feel like it too late and i cant get the top grades at this point, idk if its possible. so i want you guys to be realistic: realistically can i still secure those top grades being behind by 5 months? my mental health has affected this but can i still do it?
fleury21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm so behind with school. I've been struggling with mental health and due to health and hospitalisation i wasn't able to concentrate on school for the first 5 months of sixth form, now i am 5 months behind, havent done any notes or revision and end of year exams (yr12) are likely to be in june (also since this forum doesnt allow certain words for it to be anonymous, im trying not to use schoolish words so i post as anonymous ). i feel like it too late and i cant get the top grades at this point, idk if its possible. so i want you guys to be realistic: realistically can i still secure those top grades being behind by 5 months? my mental health has affected this but can i still do it?
Of course, anything is possible if u put ur mind to it
And remember u also have next year to work too
11SimoneM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly, it all depends on you. And I know that's a lot because you're probably having a lot of mixed emotions and high stress right now but there's so many places for you to get support on this like your teachers for example, I'm sure if you told them your situation they could help you to create a work plan so that you can catch up. I know that my school allows year 13's to sit in on year 12 lessons so maybe next year that could be an option for you to help you catch up. It's not going to be easy because sixth form only gets harder but if you know that you're capable and you're able to put in the extra effort to catch up then it's definitely achievable, and I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. Just remember there's always support, you don't have to do all of this on your own.

Also don't let these June exams discourage you or stress you out, just try your best and even if you don't end up with top AS grades it's not your fault at all and you still have a whole year to work towards better grades for the big exams in a year 13.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fleury21)
thank you so much!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fleury21)
thank you so much!

(Original post by 11SimoneM)
Honestly, it all depends on you. And I know that's a lot because you're probably having a lot of mixed emotions and high stress right now but there's so many places for you to get support on this like your teachers for example, I'm sure if you told them your situation they could help you to create a work plan so that you can catch up. I know that my school allows year 13's to sit in on year 12 lessons so maybe next year that could be an option for you to help you catch up. It's not going to be easy because sixth form only gets harder but if you know that you're capable and you're able to put in the extra effort to catch up then it's definitely achievable, and I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. Just remember there's always support, you don't have to do all of this on your own.

Also don't let these June exams discourage you or stress you out, just try your best and even if you don't end up with top AS grades it's not your fault at all and you still have a whole year to work towards better grades for the big exams in a year 13.
Hi thanks for your response! But the thing is i still want to secure the top grades for my AS exams because of predicted grades to uni. If i dont get good grades in my end of year exam my predictions would be low and unis wont give me offers. I want to do a course that requires A*AA, but at this point in feb having done zero notes and zero revision i dont know if its realistic enough to hope to get those grades this late in the school year when my exams are in june. So basically i only have 3 months to catch up and revise for the end of year exam... but is it realistic to secure the top grades at this point?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (593)
49.62%
No (602)
50.38%

Watched Threads