roverite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been predicted A*BB for after college and one of my universities I’ve applied for have offered me an unconditional offer and a merit scholarship (£1000 paid off for my first year) if I get BBB or 120 ucas points+. Most people would think this is a no brainer to accept but I’m wondering if it’s because the uni is poor or just doesn’t have many applications this year. According to Guardian it’s ranked numver 1 for sport science though?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by roverite)
I’ve been predicted A*BB for after college and one of my universities I’ve applied for have offered me an unconditional offer and a merit scholarship (£1000 paid off for my first year) if I get BBB or 120 ucas points+. Most people would think this is a no brainer to accept but I’m wondering if it’s because the uni is poor or just doesn’t have many applications this year. According to Guardian it’s ranked numver 1 for sport science though?
Which university is it? What and where are your other offers?
roverite
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Which university is it? What and where are your other offers?
Anglia Ruskin is the one offering this, all my offers are to study sport and exercise science at Edge hill (104 UCAS points), Liverpool John Moore’s (120 UCAS points), Kingston (96 UCAS points) and Loughborough (AAB)
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anglia Ruskin is the one offering this, all my offers are to study sport and exercise science at Edge hill (104 UCAS points), Liverpool John Moore’s (120 UCAS points), Kingston (96 UCAS points) and Loughborough (AAB)
If I'm ever asked for my opinion about universities for sports science my immediate response is Loughborough and Bath, particularly the former.

Rankings have to be taken with a pinch of salt. By all means look at the data used by the various organisations and compare A against B that way, rather than the headline scores.

Note a couple of things, however. One is that the CUG rate Anglia Ruskin at 70. The other is that the Guardian table historically contains more "WTF?!?" ratings than the others. For example, in History Suffolk is ranked higher than Cambridge. Ummm???
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anglia Ruskin isnt a top Uni for anything - its a way of twisting your arm to make you go Form with them.

Go to Loughborough - that actually IS a top Uni for Sport Studies.
roverite
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Anglia Ruskin isnt a top Uni for anything - its a way of twisting your arm to make you go Form with them.

Go to Loughborough - that actually IS a top Uni for Sport Studies.
Yes I’m firming Loughborough without doubt it’s just my insurance I’m stuck with, especially with the price of London living to consider for the two London based unis
HMDN12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes I’m firming Loughborough without doubt it’s just my insurance I’m stuck with, especially with the price of London living to consider for the two London based unis
which 2 London unis? Kingston and ?
roverite
Rep:
?
(Original post by HMDN12)
which 2 London unis? Kingston and ?
Anglia Ruskin which have offered a merit scholarship of £1000 if I get BBB and I’m predicted A*BB
HMDN12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anglia Ruskin which have offered a merit scholarship of £1000 if I get BBB and I’m predicted A*BB
You said you were considering 2 London-based unis but only Kingston in your list is London.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thought Anglia Ruskin was in Cambridge? Not London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (51)
23.94%
Unhappy (56)
26.29%
Conflicted (106)
49.77%

Watched Threads