some practice exams,
and some do nothing extra at all.

How do you learn?

superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I write notes, more so now, especially during this lockdown, but lately I feel there is more effort that benefit to making notes.

How about you guys?
H4KKR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I make notes using www.notion.so , then I use Seneca to practice. Mainly the notes are made during lessons, as it's not much extra effort to type it up to look nice in notion. Then I make flashcards using anki if it needs flashcards (mainly used for physics equations and definitions of terms.)
I have done barely any revision over half term. I need motivation, but feel like I'm not making any progress.
Kenlay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Make short notes as you study
Plentyothings
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
For some people, its looking at revision guides and attempting questions;
some people like making posters,
some write notes,
some make flashcards,
some practice exams,

How do you learn?
I like making posters and using a lot of colours to be able to focus more.
6lack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’ve come to realise I am not the type pf learner who can read and get the info.. I gotta see it done then do it myself.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The real question is "Do you learn" and the answer is nope

Seriously though I'm more of a visual/repetitive action sort of person
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No notes

Past paper questions and flashcards then I’m set to go.
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by superbo9y)
For some people, its looking at revision guides and attempting questions;
some people like making posters,
some write notes,
some make flashcards,
some practice exams,

How do you learn?
I'm one of those people who cannot learn by ear, everything simply goes in one ear and out the other, so to compensate for that I read around the subject and write a huge amount of notes, because reading things really helps me learn. I also find practice questions amazing. I will forever envy those who do not have to do anything extra, they truly are the luckiest
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by H4KKR)
I make notes using www.notion.so , then I use Seneca to practice. Mainly the notes are made during lessons, as it's not much extra effort to type it up to look nice in notion. Then I make flashcards using anki if it needs flashcards (mainly used for physics equations and definitions of terms.)
I have done barely any revision over half term. I need motivation, but feel like I'm not making any progress.
Goodness Seneca is an absolute life saver, I could not have done biology this lockdown without it. Also, about the half term thing, I'm absolutely the same! I try and work but it seems never ending and I lose motivation so quickly :/
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Notes all the wayyy!
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I just try to remember stuff in class. Unlike 99% of TSR, I actually do not revise. Also unlike 99% of TSR - I do not get top grades, so, it's not all easy-living
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by c.o.r.a)
I will forever envy those who do not have to do anything extra, they truly are the luckiest
They normally don’t because I’m sure most will actually try understanding, rather than get caught up in the idea that writing notes will help you remember.

I mean, it does, however, not going to be necessarily effective to sit on your desk and write notes when you can easily access these notes online or the ‘notes’ are technically already formatted in the textbook.
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
They normally don’t because I’m sure most will actually try understanding, rather than get caught up in the idea that writing notes will help you remember.

I mean, it does, however, not going to be necessarily effective to sit on your desk and write notes when you can easily access these notes online or the ‘notes’ are technically already formatted in the textbook.
I've tried online notes but they just don't stick with me in the same way. Seeing my own handwritten notes all in order helps me remember I suppose. At the end of the day, it's each to their own.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've tried online notes but I suppose they just don't stick with me in the same way. Seeing my own handwritten notes all in order helps me remember I suppose. At the end of the day, it's each to their own.
Yeah, it has been proven that writing notes increases memory retention and allows you to process information but that should only be done if you have time to waste.
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yeah, it has been proven that writing notes increases memory retention and allows you to process information but that should only be done if you have time to waste.
In all honesty, though it sounds a little sad, I do have quite a bit of time to waste, especially with lockdown and everything being cancelled. I guess a bonus is that writing things prevents me from sitting around scrolling through social media.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
In all honesty, though it sounds a little sad, I do have quite a bit of time to waste, especially with lockdown and everything being cancelled. I guess a bonus is that writing things prevents me from sitting around scrolling through social media.
Agree to disagree.

I’d much rather my time spent doing something else, even if it’s social media.
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Agree to disagree.

I’d much rather my time spent doing something else, even if it’s social media.
Yes, agree to disagree, interesting conversation though
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes, agree to disagree, interesting conversation though
Have a nice day
c.o.r.a
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Have a nice day
You too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (190)
52.2%
No (174)
47.8%

Watched Threads