The Student Room Group

Starting a life in a small town

I am currently studying for an MSc, which I will be completing this summer. I have already managed to secure a job which pays a very high salary, considering that I am a graduate. But the only problem is that the job is in a small town, Stratford-Upon-Avon.

So I am wondering if anyone can provide insight into what life is like in a small town.
I am most worried about the lack of people and the lack of dating options since I am still young and I don't want to throw my youth away in a place where I won't get to live properly.
IMO Money is the game changer, possibly more so than in bigger population centres. If you have the money to drive/taxi/hotel/holiday/host guests at will it removes a lot of small town limitations

The town I grew up in is about 1/3 SuA's population and it was definitely limiting, crappy bus services, not an awful to do, v little work or cheap housing ect. I appreciate it far more now that i'm a bit older and have a car/more time and don't feel tied to the place.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
IMO Money is the game changer, possibly more so than in bigger population centres. If you have the money to drive/taxi/hotel/holiday/host guests at will it removes a lot of small town limitations

The town I grew up in is about 1/3 SuA's population and it was definitely limiting, crappy bus services, not an awful to do, v little work or cheap housing ect. I appreciate it far more now that i'm a bit older and have a car/more time and don't feel tied to the place.

Well, the job I got is offering me £35k starting salary and I'm only 21 years old. So I guess that would be a huge benefit then. Tbh I don't have the intention to stay there for my whole life, but I know I will be spending at least 1 or 2 years there, so I want to be able to build some kind of life there. During my previous degree, I was living in London and while the possibilities of London were incredible, I really didn't like London too much after just 3 years of living there. I had a lot of fun, but it was quite overwhelming at times.
Original post by akpai22
Well, the job I got is offering me £35k starting salary and I'm only 21 years old. So I guess that would be a huge benefit then. Tbh I don't have the intention to stay there for my whole life, but I know I will be spending at least 1 or 2 years there, so I want to be able to build some kind of life there. During my previous degree, I was living in London and while the possibilities of London were incredible, I really didn't like London too much after just 3 years of living there. I had a lot of fun, but it was quite overwhelming at times.

What kind job pays that ?

I thought of this too, too small a place can be limiting and you will bump into people all the time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending