lilyhundre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have always wanted to be a fashion retail buyer and I was wondering what gcses to take I know I am not taking art I am taking food tech as I enjoy it and geography any others I should consider what a levels would i need??
Help.me.out101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
At GCSE take subjects you enjoy and take a range of different subjects as you may change your mind on what you want to do in the future, when I was picking my GCSEs I had my mind set on doing medicine but now I'm heading down a completely different path.
A subject I enjoyed at GCSE is business and I feel like this would fit into what you want to do in the future as being a fashion retail buyer links to marketing etc. but business it also links to other career paths if do ever do change your mind.
I hope you find this useful, good luck!
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by lilyhundre)
I have always wanted to be a fashion retail buyer and I was wondering what gcses to take I know I am not taking art I am taking food tech as I enjoy it and geography any others I should consider what a levels would i need??
Hi! I'm Elena, a second year Business Management student at The University of Surrey.

I'm guessing you want to go into a business or marketing-related degree, so although it isn't compulsory, taking subjects like business or economics will help you at uni as you'll have some base knowledge already. You've said you're not taking art, but maybe you could look into a creative/fashion-related A-level option such as photography, film studies or fashion and textiles (if you have the option to study them).

I am doing the Marketing pathway at Surrey. One of my modules this semester is International Fashion Marketing and I'm loving it so far!
You can check out the entry requirements and course specifications for Marketing at Surrey here. There are other pathways you might want to look at such as International Business or Entrepreneurship.

Hope that helped!
Elena.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed