The Student Room Group

Opinion on Buisness A levels?

Hey guys thinking of taking A level business but I’m not sure yet, has anyone taken it and if so how do you feel about it and what’s it like bro cus I’m scared 😂😂
Prepare yourself to be with a lot of people who are only doing it cos it's an easy a level.
Be aware that some universities don't even consider this a real A-Level (like General Studies)
Original post by anonuser99
Be aware that some universities don't even consider this a real A-Level (like General Studies)

All universities, including Oxbridge, allow A level Business Studies. What you're referring to is the concept of a 'soft A level', which is an old myth perpetuated by snobs regarding the previous iteration of A levels. This is no longer the case as A level Business Studies is 100% accepted by even the likes of Oxbridge.

As an aside, General Studies has never been considered a proper A level for entry into university much like Critical Thinking. I'm not sure why you would even compare this to A level Business.
Original post by Quick-use
All universities, including Oxbridge, allow A level Business Studies. What you're referring to is the concept of a 'soft A level', which is an old myth perpetuated by snobs regarding the previous iteration of A levels. This is no longer the case as A level Business Studies is 100% accepted by even the likes of Oxbridge.

As an aside, General Studies has never been considered a proper A level for entry into university much like Critical Thinking. I'm not sure why you would even compare this to A level Business.

My mistake. I got confused. Soft A-levels were real but I guess that time has passed!
I do A level Business. firstly i would say economics is a much better A level so definitely consider doing economics over business. There are a lot of people who do it because it is 'easy'. Its not amazingly easy as no A levels are but it is a lot easier than other A levels. But that does mean you get a fair few 'chavs'. It can be very boring/dry in my opinion so definitely check the syllabus to see what you are in for. I personally regret choosing it however i think it just wasnt right for me.
Yeah it's a good course, go for it man

Quick Reply

Latest