I need recourses for new foster children

Watch
username5619822
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
One of my friends were taken to a foster home a few days ago and they’re not coping well. They’re panicking and texting me right now. I need recourses for children new to the foster program so if you guys could give me any that would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
https://www.childline.org.uk/info-ad...s/living-care/
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Ok so I don't really know about foster care, however, I know that social services are involved with my family and I was almost taken away twice. I think what you should do is tell her foster parents how she's feeling, if they are experienced enough they should know that multiple children being fostered have these problems. I can't imagine being taken into a random house in a random place by random people I don't even know. It will just be the shock of such a drastic change in her life, she will soon relax into it and if there is a persisting problem then I recommend you tell someone. Always be there for her, and possibly read into it so you know th =e process of what she's going through. Just some suggestions
username5619822
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so I don't really know about foster care, however, I know that social services are involved with my family and I was almost taken away twice. I think what you should do is tell her foster parents how she's feeling, if they are experienced enough they should know that multiple children being fostered have these problems. I can't imagine being taken into a random house in a random place by random people I don't even know. It will just be the shock of such a drastic change in her life, she will soon relax into it and if there is a persisting problem then I recommend you tell someone. Always be there for her, and possibly read into it so you know th =e process of what she's going through. Just some suggestions
Thank you ^^
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by theproblemchild)
Thank you ^^
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads