The Student Room Group

Epq Pls help

How many references do I need in each para for epq, each para has like 500 words OR overall how many references should be in the epq in general
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
How many references do I need in each para for epq, each para has like 500 words OR overall how many references should be in the epq in general

Hi. I am currently doing an EPQ as well, year 13 student :smile:
There is no guide/ limit to the amount of references, don't worry! Just remember whenever u gather statistics/ very factual information you yourself didn't gather you should reference it from the site you used, don't forget to mention the date and time accessed too for top grades! It's better to make a table of references at the end instead of providing a footnote, as this could be hard to follow.
Try not to mention a lot of things word for word, if you do use speech marks. Note that things you copy word for word (and use several quotes), this will not form part of your word count :smile:
What's your EPQ about?
Original post by icecream03
There is no guide/ limit to the amount of references, don't worry! Just remember whenever u gather statistics/ very factual information you yourself didn't gather you should reference it from the site you used, don't forget to mention the date and time accessed too for top grades! It's better to make a table of references at the end instead of providing a footnote, as this could be hard to follow.
Try not to mention a lot of things word for word, if you do use speech marks. Note that things you copy word for word (and use several quotes), this will not form part of your word count :smile:
What's your EPQ about?

Thank you so much for ur reply also what do you mean by date and time accessed, the exact time I got the reference? And I’m doing my epq on cults and manipulation xx
Reply 3
What's your EPQ about?

do you have to cite your lines ?
like "A citation is a reference to a source.[2]" and write the reference at the bottom, or just reference in a list?
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
Thank you so much for ur reply also what do you mean by date and time accessed, the exact time I got the reference? And I’m doing my epq on cults and manipulation xx

Yes, essentially, even if not time at least date :smile:
E.g. <link> <accessed on *date* , *time* >
If the authors name is there you could include this on the reference too!
Aw, thats nice :smile:
Mine is on cancer!
Original post by litm
do you have to cite your lines ?
like "A citation is a reference to a source.[2]" and write the reference at the bottom, or just reference in a list?

Cite, reference in a list at the end of the report 😊
Reply 6
Cite, reference in a list at the end of the report 😊

oh really ?
my supervisor said nothing about that and ive been writing everything without any citations :/
Original post by litm
oh really ?
my supervisor said nothing about that and ive been writing everything without any citations :/

It's okay, never too late to start!
It's good as it shows you are giving credit to those you use info from :smile:
Reply 8
It's okay, never too late to start!
It's good as it shows you are giving credit to those you use info from :smile:

acc im in yr13 and my deadline is in a few hours so it is a bit too late🥴
Reply 9
my supervisor told me that i should have approx 50 references in my bibliography. idk whether this is right lol but i took her word for it as she was a good supervisor and i ended up getting an A*
Original post by litm
acc im in yr13 and my deadline is in a few hours so it is a bit too late🥴

Wow.....
We have till April! Loll
Good luck :smile:
Reply 11
Wow.....
We have till April! Loll
Good luck :smile:

omds how come? what exam board are you
Original post by litm