The Student Room Group

Teaching Experience for Uni

At the moment I want to go to uni for primary teaching with qts, but I'm worried that unis would want me to have some sort of teaching experience - covid will lessen my chances and I don't know how I would get this experience in the first place. I am doing a virtual course on SpringPod which is giving me insight, activities and webinars on teaching, will this be sufficient? Is there anything else I can do in order to make my application more appealing?
Reply 1
I would take a look at the courses and universities you want to apply for and see what they require. They are likely to have to change some requirements due to Covid so you can always ask them what other experience they would accept due to us being in a pandemic
Reply 2
Chances are quite a few other people won't have experience either, since it's been impossible this last year. It's not your fault so it shouldn't go against you.
I was lucky because I got a few months in before the pandemic, but would you still be able to get any in before your course starts? If you're applying for 2022 or later, you should be able to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending