hellohellothere
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and am currently in the process of getting a diagnosis for ADHD, I applied for DSA, and I am eligible, but I was wondering what exactly I can get reimbursed for - or any examples that other people have gotten money for. Can I seek out private therapy (NHS waiting list in longggg) and be reimbursed for it?
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hellohellothere)
I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and am currently in the process of getting a diagnosis for ADHD, I applied for DSA, and I am eligible, but I was wondering what exactly I can get reimbursed for - or any examples that other people have gotten money for. Can I seek out private therapy (NHS waiting list in longggg) and be reimbursed for it?
Hi there hellohellothere

Hope you're well!

I had DSA during my studies at DMU and I believe you can usually claim costs you've had to pay in connection to your studies relating to your conditions. So I believe you can claim for travel costs, books in Braille, consumables (like batteries, cartridges and paper for printing your assignments) as well as additional costs for accommodation if you've had an accessible room. I'm not sure whether private therapy is something which can be claimed back through DSA, however, you can check to see if this would be covered with Student Finance (who oversee it) on 0300 100 0607.

Hope this helps!

- Emi
Beaconsman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there, currently an OU student on DSA, disabled veteran. Books, materials etc I believe you can get help with, I have a laptop with dictation software (Dragon) and sonocent. I have also received my desk and chair which I am so grateful for, now means i can study for up to an hour and not 20 mins on the kitchen table....SFE is a nightmare and DSA is a joke. You have to jump through hoops but, the assessment is nothing like PIP (if you get it) so dont worry..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (562)
50.36%
No (554)
49.64%

Watched Threads