justhelpm789
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi! could anyone explain what a bursary and scholarship is in the UK and the differences between the two? also do you know which schools take them for medicine or midwifery?
DNARNAking
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by justhelpm789)
hi! could anyone explain what a bursary and scholarship is in the UK and the differences between the two? also do you know which schools take them for medicine or midwifery?
From my understanding bursary is the money you require to "live" at uni for example travel and food. Scholarship is living and paying for your education i.e tuition fees and accomodation, a bursary would be around £300 monthly and a scholarship could go up to £1000 monthly
justhelpm789
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by DNARNAking)
From my understanding bursary is the money you require to "live" at uni for example travel and food. Scholarship is living and paying for your education i.e tuition fees and accomodation, a bursary would be around £300 monthly and a scholarship could go up to £1000 monthly
that’s so helpful, thank you so much! if u know, do you know how to get a scholarship?
DNARNAking
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by justhelpm789)
that’s so helpful, thank you so much! if u know, do you know how to get a scholarship?
You are given a scholarship by investors, one that i know of is jack patchey. However it is for extremely smart individuals with outstanding capabilities. Bursury is for disadvantaged students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (582)
49.96%
No (583)
50.04%

Watched Threads