Are my standards too high in finding a guy?

Watch
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no, tht's the bare minimum lol
username5600688
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
they well could be... depending on what she actually brings to the table herself
do you know anyone who wants dull, vicious and unattractive partners?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not too high.
Assuming that you are average or above in terms of personality, appearance and health.
My list of dating dealbreakers are a lot longer and involve a minimum 15 year age gap.
username5600688
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Not too high.
Assuming that you are average or above in terms of personality, appearance and health.
My list of dating dealbreakers are a lot longer and involve a minimum 15 year age gap.
I think I asked last time and you told me you're 26 if I'm not mistaken. You wouldn't date a guy who's 39 but you'd date a 41 year old? there's no difference really?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
i think you should raise your standards
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is what I look for in a guy:
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
obv dont lower ur standards keep looking for a guy like that

personally id say they're high but it depends on u if ur good looking, loving, smart
Otherdjrj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn’t say so. Perhaps ‘good at cuddling’ is a bit excessive but all the other qualities I think are important in a partner
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I have higher standards so I think this is fine
username5600688
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
i think you should raise your standards
(Original post by HS_1)
no, tht's the bare minimum lol
what's wrong with a guy who's kind, funny and attractive? lol... you guys live in a dream world if you think guys like that are the bare minimum... or I have different standards as to what counts as kind, funny and attractive Idk...
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Okay i can understand good/bad kissers, but cuddling??? How can u cuddle bad? :confused:
Aggressive or clumsy cuddlers that cause pain, bruises or broken bones.
Pervy cuddlers that make a habit of inappropriately sexual cuddles that involves groping in public and may be open to doing the same thing to gf's mother/aunts/sisters/female cousins and close girl friends.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fairly attractive in 2021 = 10ft 4 10% Intergalatic supermodel
Siberiaan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pervy cuddlers that make a habit of inappropriately sexual cuddles that involves groping in public and may be open to doing the same thing to gf's mother/aunts/sisters/female cousins and close girl friends.
How can someone cuddle you to the point of broken bones , lol wtf
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Among the most basic lists you could have, all sensible, I dread to think what a "less picky" list would look like. ("is male."?)
Otherdjrj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel like I was blind but now I see
username5600688
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Among the most basic lists you could have, all sensible, I dread to think what a "less picky" list would look like. ("is male."?)
I know teenage girls whose list consists literally of one thing and that is ''is hot''.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ridiculous. Ludicrous. You should count yourself lucky if he's human.
Gavin2016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
(This is the OP) by fairly attractive- I don’t have a ‘type’ and I think that 90% of people are attractive in some way. For example celebrities I find attractive are obviously the usual ones people find attractive, but I also find celebrities like the young Colin firth, and Jason Statham attractive 🤷*♀️
Back in the 90s a lot of young girls in their teens & twenties found Colin Firth very attractive. He hit it big in Pride & Predudice which a lot of girls digged back then, men not so lol. I think both Colin Firth & Jason Stratham are Hollywood Actors because of their good looks. They might not be at the very top of all good looking Hollywood Actors but they are good enough looking to be there. Surfice to say even being their standard in looks that they will be way ahead of most everyday looking guys probably even the above average ones.

So I wonder if you are really looking for someone quite high on the looks level but don't realise that what you are looking for in looks is really quite high?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatGentleman)
what's wrong with a guy who's kind, funny and attractive? lol... you guys live in a dream world if you think guys like that are the bare minimum... or I have different standards as to what counts as kind, funny and attractive Idk...
there's nothing wrong with someone who's kind, funny and attractive; i mean who doesn't want that :dontknow:. that's literally the bare minimum tho as opposed to adding someone who is loyal/won't cheat on you, respects your body, responsible with their money, a good listener, an ambitious person, someone you share core values with, not rude to people in Asda and not a drug dealer :dontknow:
FluffyUnicorn18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gavin2016)
Back in the 90s a lot of young girls in their teens & twenties found Colin Firth very attractive. He hit it big in Pride & Predudice which a lot of girls digged back then, men not so lol. I think both Colin Firth & Jason Stratham are Hollywood Actors because of their good looks. They might not be at the very top of all good looking Hollywood Actors but they are good enough looking to be there. Surfice to say even being their standard in looks that they will be way ahead of most everyday looking guys probably even the above average ones.

So I wonder if you are really looking for someone quite high on the looks level but don't realise that what you are looking for in looks is really quite high?
As I say, I find the majority of men attractive- there’s no one I know who I’d say is unattractive
username5600688
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
there's nothing wrong with someone who's kind, funny and attractive; i mean who doesn't want that :dontknow:. that's literally the bare minimum tho as opposed to adding someone who is loyal/won't cheat on you, respects your body, responsible with their money, a good listener, an ambitious person, someone you share core values with, not rude to people in Asda and not a drug dealer :dontknow:
Not really. Some guys aren't funny. Some guys aren't kind. Some guys aren't attractive. It's weird that you think all these traits combined in a single person is the bare minimum.

Kind includes a lot of the things you mentioned, she just used one word for them, you can't list every single trait. Kindness implies loyalty/not cheating I'd think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (208)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (194)
40%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.65%

Watched Threads