Are my standards too high in finding a guy?

Watch
Gavin2016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FluffyUnicorn18)
As I say, I find the majority of men attractive- there’s no one I know who I’d say is unattractive
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is what I look for in a guy:
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
So are you two dating then? What is the situation here?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatGentleman)
Not really. Some guys aren't funny. Some guys aren't kind. Some guys aren't attractive. It's weird that you think all these traits combined in a single person is the bare minimum.

Kind includes a lot of the things you mentioned, she just used one word for them, you can't list every single trait. Kindness implies loyalty/not cheating I'd think.
you clearly haven't know any kind, funny or loyal drug dealers :lol:
username5600688
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
you clearly haven't know any kind, funny or loyal drug dealers :lol:
Right but this is a very specific thing like I don't think anyone who makes a list of things they ask for in a guy specifically mention "Not a drug dealer''. I think that's implied in the kind bit. Anyway, I never take for granted those qualities, I don't really expect a girl to be all of those things - funny, kind and attractive - it'd be great if she was but kind and funny or kind and attractive are quite enough... and not a drug dealer either, yeah.
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure a tick box exercise is at all handy. Probably better to just see if you like the person enough overall and if so go date them if possible.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
How can someone cuddle you to the point of broken bones , lol wtf
Happens more often than people think.
Particularly to children and adults that are very petite with health problems or dietary difficiencies.
I've sat through too many meetings with very muscular or obese guys that got sued over causing personal injury and kept insisting the broken bone/multiple bones was accidentally caused by an over enthusiastic hug with too much force used.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FluffyUnicorn18)
As I say, I find the majority of men attractive- there’s no one I know who I’d say is unattractive
Not even well known male politicians?
For example: Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Ian Duncan-Smith, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Jeremy Corbyn, Joe Biden, Narendra Modi.
FluffyUnicorn18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Not even well known male politicians?
For example: Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Ian Duncan-Smith, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Jeremy Corbyn, Joe Biden, Narendra Modi.
I’m gonna base it off when they were younger, simply because I wouldn’t find them attractive at their age now because I’m still young. But yeah their younger selves were attractive (other than Donald trump just cuz I cant look past the personality).
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Right but this is a very specific thing like I don't think anyone who makes a list of things they ask for in a guy specifically mention "Not a drug dealer''. I think that's implied in the kind bit. Anyway, I never take for granted those qualities, I don't really expect a girl to be all of those things - funny, kind and attractive - it'd be great if she was but kind and funny or kind and attractive are quite enough... and not a drug dealer either, yeah.
sorry, i don't know how you've arrived at this conclusion tbh. if it's implied into 'kindness' do you think than that a drug dealer - or anyone who has committed a crime - can't be a kind person :holmes:
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
If you’re skinny, you end up poking the person with your elbow, shoulders and whatnot :dontknow:
Ah okay, pity u can't control them :dontknow:
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Ah okay, pity u can't control them :dontknow:
They make good self defence weapons though
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aggressive or clumsy cuddlers that cause pain, bruises or broken bones.
Pervy cuddlers that make a habit of inappropriately sexual cuddles that involves groping in public and may be open to doing the same thing to gf's mother/aunts/sisters/female cousins and close girl friends.
Nicely explained! i get it now :giggle:
I'll be vigilant about this in future haha
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Who else loves Korean men 😍✋🙌 jin and taehyungie aare so cute 😍🙌
puhlease are you okay...
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
I dare you to find a man that has:
less of a sense of humour than Spock
has no time for wishy washy lovey dovey understanding stuff
has no interest in wishy washy Bible Bashing love thy neighbour stuff
has either drop dead gorgeously handsome looks, or has a face like a Picasso painting
and has no time for wishy washy lovey dovey cuddling stuff

If you do find such a man, try him. You might find him refreshing compared to the average run of the mill bloke.
oglez92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
They don't seem that unreasonable.
But the fairly attractive thing could do with more quantification. What do you like physically in a guy?
Plentyothings
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
These are all the basic a guy should be and make you feel!
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
I dare you to find a man that has:
less of a sense of humour than Spock
has no time for wishy washy lovey dovey understanding stuff
has no interest in wishy washy Bible Bashing love thy neighbour stuff
has either drop dead gorgeously handsome looks, or has a face like a Picasso painting
and has no time for wishy washy lovey dovey cuddling stuff

If you do find such a man, try him. You might find him refreshing compared to the average run of the mill bloke.
I did. :bawling:
Refreshing isn't quite the word I'd use, doesn't convey half the trauma involved (for me or my best friend).
He forget his wallet but remembered to bring his mother.:facepalm:
Spent most of the date trying to chat up a girl at another table, while his mother was bragging at 120 decibels.
Had the audacity to ask for a second date too, apparently his mother liked me. :fangs:
My best friend cried more than I did that night, she had organised the blind date.
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Happens more often than people think.
Particularly to children and adults that are very petite with health problems or dietary difficiencies.
I've sat through too many meetings with very muscular or obese guys that got sued over causing personal injury and kept insisting the broken bone/multiple bones was accidentally caused by an over enthusiastic hug with too much force used.
News to me , thats fked
MechanicalOnion
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
guys like that exist
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what's wrong with a guy who's kind, funny and attractive? lol... you guys live in a dream world if you think guys like that are the bare minimum... or I have different standards as to what counts as kind, funny and attractive Idk...
nothing is wrong w guys who are like tht *facepalm* i'm just saying tht OP isn't really asking for a lot and it's absolutely fine to have high standards. Why should she settle for less if there's a guy tht ticks all the boxes for her?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Funny
Understanding
Kind
Fairly attractive
Good at cuddling

What do you think?
No, standards are too low. You should add age and financial situation to the list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (208)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (194)
40%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.65%

Watched Threads