Changing maintainance loan for second year

Watch
clawntl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone, currently looking to go to uni next year (2022) to study mechanical engineering MEng with a placement year (5 years) and am considering living in halls for first year and then moving back in with my parents for second year onwards. Now obviously I will have to change my maintence loan to get the reduced amount when living at home, however my question is how easy is it to change this?
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by clawntl)
Hi everyone, currently looking to go to uni next year (2022) to study mechanical engineering MEng with a placement year (5 years) and am considering living in halls for first year and then moving back in with my parents for second year onwards. Now obviously I will have to change my maintence loan to get the reduced amount when living at home, however my question is how easy is it to change this?
Hello,

As far as i know it should be pretty easy, it will either let you change online, or if not, then its just a form submission.
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by clawntl)
Hey,

From my experience, it's as easy as logging into SFE, going to your student finance section and changing the setting for the amount you would like to receive, if the option is not there, I would call them up and they'll be able to do that for you!

Amit - Official Kingston Uni rep - Pharmacy Student
Stephb1502
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It’s right you can do it online, really simple! They can’t however change it over the phone it’s only by change of circumstances form or online
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (475)
51.86%
No (441)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed