how does one regain their motivation for studying?

Watch
RetroSPECT3.0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am in Yr11 atm- I have my goals PERFECTLY laid out, I know what I want to be and what qualifications I want to get, but I have just lost every bit of motivation for me to study. I am absolutely sick of GCSEs, and I want to start my A levels now (but that obviously cant happen).
How do I regain this motivation, as I've previously had it, and the self discipline to study and do well in mock exams?

Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally, I just think about imminent failure if I don’t study and that brings back my motivation pretty quickly.
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same I'm struggling atm too lol 🥺
heldbygrace
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same, I can barely revise for more that 3 hours right now. Try rewarding yourself when you do things, even little things. Create a checklist of things for the day - ticking things off will boost your mood. Take it slowly, don’t blame yourself if you don’t get everything done but be proud for what you have achieved. Get 7-9 hours of sleep, go out for a short walk and drink plenty of water. Remember it’s only 4 months now, you’ve come so far and only a small way to go.
Last edited by heldbygrace; 1 week ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Find easier ways to do it and don't study for hours ssolidly. Take the time to stop and do things you enjoy. Plan your time, so you're not doing it all day every day. When you feel in control you feel more motivated.
avso
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by RetroSPECT3.0)
I am in Yr11 atm- I have my goals PERFECTLY laid out, I know what I want to be and what qualifications I want to get, but I have just lost every bit of motivation for me to study. I am absolutely sick of GCSEs, and I want to start my A levels now (but that obviously cant happen).
How do I regain this motivation, as I've previously had it, and the self discipline to study and do well in mock exams?
I recommend just taking some time out of revising. Have a complete chill day. Start with a subject that you enjoy and use your phone to time lapse yourself studying. I've been using this method recently and have found it extremely motivating, some people make the mistake of copying down notes and not remembering anything - me during gcse. Luckily I managed to figure it out during my mocks and got 8 A/A*'s. Do online flashcards, or write them down. There's a technique called active recall and you'll definitely need it after you start A-levels. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (515)
51.29%
No (489)
48.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed