Feeling stressed about starting my first job

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, next Monday, I am going to be starting my first job as a graduate and I can't help but feel stressed about making sure I'm prepared for the first day. I have been doing some programming courses to brush up on my coding skills but I don't feel super confident about my ability to code without the assistance of resources.
I know that by being given an offer for this job demonstrates that the company believes in my ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the role. But I have been looking on LinkedIn to see the profiles of other people who will be in the same role as me and they have far more experience and some even have a masters degree. I just worry about being able to do well in the role.
whitenight674
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you have to remember that they've hired you because they've seen potential in you. be confident of your own abilities and don't compare yourself to the other starters. if its a grad job i highly doubt that you'll be doing everything on your own without any guidance on the first week, does the job have a probation period? just be confident and try your best, everyone makes mistakes or is unsure at some point and thats how you learn. don't be afraid to ask questions and get stuck in
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (591)
49.58%
No (601)
50.42%

Watched Threads