divking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, may I ask when you applied to RCSI? I feel like they go by the ones who applied first. I applied in late Jan, so perhaps that's why I haven't heard back. I saw on another thread that some people have received interview invites, but they applied early in November last year. I can't find the thread anymore now.
Hey!! I got an interview for RCSI in the beginning of March and I got my offer a week later. I applied early-mid Jan..I don't remember when exactly. I applied to UCD and NUIG as well and I am waiting on those as well. Not sure if I should accept this or wait for UCD or NUIG. If anyone knows which one is good/or can guide me would be great
divking
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tamar345128940)
I am International student. Anyone got offer from RCSI yet? Thank you
Yes, I am International as well! I got my offer last week.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by divking)
Hey!! I got an interview for RCSI in the beginning of March and I got my offer a week later. I applied early-mid Jan..I don't remember when exactly. I applied to UCD and NUIG as well and I am waiting on those as well. Not sure if I should accept this or wait for UCD or NUIG. If anyone knows which one is good/or can guide me would be great
hey! can you please say where are you from? I applied early jan too as an international and haven't heard. so worrying. I got an offer from UCD tho and today is the deadline but I prefer RCSI even though I haven't heard back.
divking
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey! can you please say where are you from? I applied early jan too as an international and haven't heard. so worrying. I got an offer from UCD tho and today is the deadline but I prefer RCSI even though I haven't heard back.
Hey yea I am from the US and I applied thru the Atlantic Bridge Program. I want to know why u prefer RCSI? I don't know if I should accept RCSI or wait for UCD haha.
Anonymous #6
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi that’s great news well done! I done my interview March 10th but haven’t heard back from them yet Nd it’s been a week do you know if they’re still giving offers?
Anonymous #6
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know of RCSI tells you if you don’t get get an offer following an interview? Or do they just not get back to you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know of RCSI tells you if you don’t get get an offer following an interview? Or do they just not get back to you?
of course they get back to you with an update- which states if ur in or not.
riyaxo_
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi, thought i’d inform everyone i received an interview invite from RCSI yesterday for next week! i’m an international, non-EU school leaver applicant. i just wanted to ask if anyone knows how long RCSI takes to reply with an offer post-interview? i am deciding between schools to pay the deposit fee so i would like to know if anyone is aware. thanks!
natxxx1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi guys whoever had their interview how was it any tips was it a lot of ethical questions?
natxxx1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
omg congrats! how was the interview was it a lot of ethical questions or it was chill im worried pls let me know
natxxx1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username5668354)
Hey all,I have an interview for RCSI on the 2nd of March! Im sure one of their questions will be why RCSI and I obviously cant give the honest answer 'cuz I wanna be doctor and you might let me be one'.I've been trying to see what sets RCSI apart from other medical schools and this is what I got so far: Health science dedicated university, large and cool clinic and surgery simulation center, and it seems to have a diverse set of students and I love to meet people from different backgrounds.Anyone got anything else? Any random advice on interviews would also be appreciated.Many thanks!
omg congrats! how was the interview was it a lot of ethical questions or it was chill im worried pls let me know
natxxx1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
omg congrats!!! how did the interview go im freaking out like were the questions very ethical or was it just a conversation..? id appreciate your help
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by natxxx1234)
omg congrats!!! how did the interview go im freaking out like were the questions very ethical or was it just a conversation..? id appreciate your help
Me too! I recieved an interview invite yesterday. It would be really appreciated if you all could help us out on the interview.
Thanks.
divking
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by natxxx1234)
Hey!! The interview was super chill. Nothing serious was asked or anything technical. Some of the questions were like "introduce yourself", "why medicine", "what do you think the pros and cons are studying in the US and Ireland" (I am from the US applying to Ireland), and at the end, we can ask them a question. So its very chill tbh and it goes by super quick.
divking
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by riyaxo_)
hi, thought i’d inform everyone i received an interview invite from RCSI yesterday for next week! i’m an international, non-EU school leaver applicant. i just wanted to ask if anyone knows how long RCSI takes to reply with an offer post-interview? i am deciding between schools to pay the deposit fee so i would like to know if anyone is aware. thanks!
they took a week for mine. Pretty quick
divking
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone from the US that applied to RCSI and got an offer? Just want to connect with y'all!!
natxxx1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!! The interview was super chill. Nothing serious was asked or anything technical. Some of the questions were like "introduce yourself", "why medicine", "what do you think the pros and cons are studying in the US and Ireland" (I am from the US applying to Ireland), and at the end, we can ask them a question. So its very chill tbh and it goes by super quick.
omg thank you so much! that makes calm down a bit. good luck on your application !!!
natxxx1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How does RCSI give offers when not all interviews have been conducted yet thats different that other schools right?
Anonymous #7
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I've got an interview at RCSI, I'm an international student and had a few questions. Does going to RCSI give you an advantage for applying to residency programmes in the US, compared to universities like UCLan? Does anyone know what the social life is like? (I've seen on some other forums that RCSI isn't the most social, I don't have much info on the day to day as I don't know anyone who goes here)
Thanks for your help, congrats on your interviews
Anonymous #8
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I've got an interview at RCSI, I'm an international student and had a few questions. Does going to RCSI give you an advantage for applying to residency programmes in the US, compared to universities like UCLan? Does anyone know what the social life is like? (I've seen on some other forums that RCSI isn't the most social, I don't have much info on the day to day as I don't know anyone who goes here)
Thanks for your help, congrats on your interviews
RCSI is definitely better for matching to US residencies compared to UCLan. Ireland has one of the highest matching rates after (obviously the US), Canada and Caribbean Islands and it's better known internationally compared to UCLan. UCLan is really good if you plan on entering the NHS and continuing your studies in the UK because your qualifications isn't going to be much different from the other 30 UK medical schools. But if you strictly plan on returning to the US, I'd pick RCSI. If you're worried about social life and stuff, have you considered UCD, Trinity, Cork or Galway?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (140)
43.21%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (46)
14.2%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (131)
40.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (7)
2.16%

Watched Threads