david221
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For my S6 subjects I have been told I now need to choose a 4th subject. I’m currently taking AH biology, maths (or history, not sure yet) and crash higher chemistry. I am applying for medicine/ biomed 2022. For my 4th subject I’m not very sure on what to do. The only options I have is higher human biology, psychology, geography or politics. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they think may be best? I need to get an A in a crash higher and I think an A in chemistry will be highly unlikely, so I’ll need to try and get an A in my 4th higher.

Thanks for any help!
Rossi71
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by david221)
For my S6 subjects I have been told I now need to choose a 4th subject. I’m currently taking AH biology, maths (or history, not sure yet) and crash higher chemistry. I am applying for medicine/ biomed 2022. For my 4th subject I’m not very sure on what to do. The only options I have is higher human biology, psychology, geography or politics. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they think may be best? I need to get an A in a crash higher and I think an A in chemistry will be highly unlikely, so I’ll need to try and get an A in my 4th higher.

Thanks for any help!
Hiya taking higher human is pointless in my opinion if you are doing AH bio, I would advise taking psychology out of the others as it is good on your personal statement when applying for medicine as it shows understanding of a patient and I found it one of the easier highers
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm doing H psychology this year and it's a really interesting course.

My school doesn't offer it so I'm doing it through a local college - if you've got the opportunity, it's a great qualification to have.

Good luck
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by david221)

Thanks for any help!
If you already have a higher in biology, the higher in human biology wouldn't count as an extra higher, as the two subjects are similar enough that they are counted as the same. My school didn't offer nat 5 psychology, but it's usually seen as quite a 'crash-able' higher - quite a few people did it as a crash higher at the local college and did well. Not to say geography or politics absolutely wouldn't be, but I can't say much about those. Which of the 3 do you think you'd enjoy most?
mspratt1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say politics as it is not too difficult a subject (mainly just essay writing) so would allow you to achieve a high grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (75)
11.9%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.29%
Live streaming events (51)
8.1%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (58)
9.21%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.17%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.33%