elliewellie97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I'm in need of advice! I'm 23 and would like to work abroad once restrictions are lifted and things are safer (I'm hoping to next year) but I'm concerned about the Visa situation now we've left the EU. I don't currently hold a degree (but am studying for one in languages through the OU) and am concerned I won't be able to get a work permit anywhere! I want to work in Europe, particularly Spain, preferably working in schools. I also plan on completing a TEFL course. Would my lack of degree cause me lots of issues???
Bishop Grosseteste University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by elliewellie97)
I'm in need of advice! I'm 23 and would like to work abroad once restrictions are lifted and things are safer (I'm hoping to next year) but I'm concerned about the Visa situation now we've left the EU. I don't currently hold a degree (but am studying for one in languages through the OU) and am concerned I won't be able to get a work permit anywhere! I want to work in Europe, particularly Spain, preferably working in schools. I also plan on completing a TEFL course. Would my lack of degree cause me lots of issues???
Hey,

Working abroad can bring lots of fantastic opportunities - and Spain sounds great!

What sort of positions are you hoping to hold? If you are hoping to become a teacher, you'll usually be required to hold a degree qualification. Depending on the school and the country laws, you may or may not be required to have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).

What age phase are you hoping to look at? We have two courses you might find interesting:
Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status (three year undergraduate degree)
TESOL & Linguistics (three year undergraduate degree)

We also have a variety of other courses, including foundation degrees and postgraduate courses here.

You can contact our enquiries team on [email protected] if there's anything else we can help with

Tommy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (347)
31.55%
No (753)
68.45%

Watched Threads