Rourkesu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Actually, my daughter is now applying to BA(Hons) Fine Art at universities in UK starting from this September, 2021.
She has received unconditional offer from UCA(University for the Creative Arts) Farnham campus.
She is considering two options.
1) 3 years, BA(Hons) Fine Art at UCA Farnham
2) 4 years in total, 1 year foundation diploma of Art & Design at UAL(University of the Arts London) Camberwell + 3 years BA(Hons) Fine Art at UAL Chelsea
Please give your advice.
TinySheep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Speaking as a Fine Art applicant: UAL and Chelsea would likely be my choice in terms of connections. Those unis are known for their art programmes, and London is excellent for meeting other creatives and finding opportunities. As well as that, all of my art teachers (and other professional artists I have spoken to) all recommend taking the foundation year, as it is an extra year to hone your practice and find new skills.

Farnham would likely have better landscapes, and the shorter study time might suit her, but in terms of a career in the creative arts UAL & Chelsea are much stronger choices.
Rourkesu
Rep:
?
Thank you for your kind advice, which is very helpful.
Last edited by Rourkesu; 1 week ago
Rourkesu
Rep:
?
Do you have any idea on which university is better, UCA Farnham and AUB(Arts University Bournemouth) in terms of BA(Hons) Fine Art?
Last edited by Rourkesu; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (73)
12.07%
Virtual campus tours/open days (148)
24.46%
Live streaming events (51)
8.43%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.09%
A uni comparison tool (141)
23.31%
An in-person event when available (137)
22.64%