Want more information about this university?

Lancaster vs Newcastle - PLEASE HELP!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've seen lots of other threads similar to this but none more recently.

Basically I have an unmissable offer from Newcastle for Physical Geography but I think I prefer Lancaster's Earth and Environmental sciences course.

Obviously due to the pandemic I have been unable to visit either of these. Has anyone done these courses or attended either uni and could give me some help or an idea of what the courses/unis or the cities in general are like?

Thanks in advance
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi My eldest studies at Lancaster for physics.
Ive been to Newcastle at night and its a very busy city. Lancaster is too but is a smaller city. However its still got a couple of clubs and a big bar scene.
Socially on lancaster uni, you got lots of eateries, and several colleges which makes up the campus, each with its own porters lodge (where you get your mail, extra key, security) and its own bar.
I do have a couple of links which might help on the Lancaster side.
I did a blog back last summer, and this has the open days she went to (lancs, leeds, oxford, york, leicester), the application, interviews, visits to lancaster and her first and second term on campus with photos. She updates me on facetime and she knows I do a blog on here to help other students https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6562744

Second one is more of an informational piece with photos, things to do in the city, useful links to you tube vloggers links, diversity etc. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6904136

I will say though, she loves Lancaster, even though its lockdown, she loves her course, her flatmates, the campus, city and morecambe (seaside resort)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%