Feeling really discouraged for not losing weight

Watch
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am on my 5th week of trying to lose weight and I am feeling really discouraged for not losing weight for the last two weeks.

I know my problem is my diet not exercise. So I know what I need to work on. Just feeling really discouraged right now and could use some words of wisdom and a little bit of a kick up the ass 😅
molly_douglas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t feel too discouraged! Weight loss is a gradual process and it takes time so if you’re not seeing the results you want immediately, don’t be too upset. Personally, I use myfitnesspal to log my food in everyday as it helps me take a bit more accountability when it comes to food and what I have been eating during the day, so you could try that to help with your diet?
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by molly_douglas)
Don’t feel too discouraged! Weight loss is a gradual process and it takes time so if you’re not seeing the results you want immediately, don’t be too upset. Personally, I use myfitnesspal to log my food in everyday as it helps me take a bit more accountability when it comes to food and what I have been eating during the day, so you could try that to help with your diet?
Thank you! I haven’t really been counting my calories and I know that’s my problem. I have been trying to watch what I eat but you can’t really estimate, as you end up eating more. So I do need to count my calories. Thank you! I have had a rough week as well and have a problem with binge eating. Which I think I did a bit this week
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HIIT 2-3x a week
green tea
no eating till 6
More protein (higher thermic effect)
choose satiating foods that are filling with little cals

I'm on 2nd week and seeing results
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jones448)
Thank you! I haven’t really been counting my calories and I know that’s my problem. I have been trying to watch what I eat but you can’t really estimate, as you end up eating more. So I do need to count my calories. Thank you! I have had a rough week as well and have a problem with binge eating. Which I think I did a bit this week
At least at the beginning of a weight loss journey it really helps to count calories- weigh everything and look it up on something like my fitness pal before you eat it. Things like cereals are a shock! Portion sizes really matter.
Start a new week, cook everything from scratch so you know exactly what is in it, work out the calories and record them. If you run out for the day, stop eating.
Many years ago I did weight watchers successfully and the motto was "if you bite it - write it"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (37)
13.75%
Virtual campus tours/open days (60)
22.3%
Live streaming events (25)
9.29%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
10.04%
A uni comparison tool (62)
23.05%
An in-person event when available (58)
21.56%